• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What A Great New Movement!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! My name is John Riley, and I am a new member. I think this is a great new time in transportation, and I am ready to become an active participant. I don't know how many of my fellow members are bicycle riders, but I think that the Elio reflects my love of cycling, and the way it encourages to go places in a way that provides health and a reduced reliance on things that are detrimental for our environment. I am looking forward to reducing my environmental footprint (and easing my wallet, too) by becoming a part of this new ,movement.
John Riley, welcome from New Mexico and enjoy both the long wait and the journey with us.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WE ALREADY HAVE OUR ELIO CYCLES .

DSC_0397.JPG

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi John, welcome to the forum!

I rode a recumbent bicycle for about 3 yrs, did the BAK (Biking Across Kansas) in 2009 and 2010. I ride a motorcycle now. Hills are SO much easier, lol.
I did the Oklahoma Freewheel ride for 13 years, driving a support vehicle and producing a two hour video each year as my two sons rode the 400 or so miles from the Texas border north to the Kansas border. Currently riding a Tidalforce electric bike around town and when we travel it folds in half so I can take it with me. A bike rack on the Elio will be a must accessory.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I did the Oklahoma Freewheel ride for 13 years, driving a support vehicle and producing a two hour video each year as my two sons rode the 400 or so miles from the Texas border north to the Kansas border. Currently riding a Tidalforce electric bike around town and when we travel it folds in half so I can take it with me. A bike rack on the Elio will be a must accessory.

That's great aknaten! Support vehicle folks do a great service to the riders, for sure. I appreciate your work and time.

I will google the Oklahoma Freewheel and the Tidalforce electric bike, both sound interesting.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! My name is John Riley, and I am a new member. I think this is a great new time in transportation, and I am ready to become an active participant. I don't know how many of my fellow members are bicycle riders, but I think that the Elio reflects my love of cycling, and the way it encourages to go places in a way that provides health and a reduced reliance on things that are detrimental for our environment. I am looking forward to reducing my environmental footprint (and easing my wallet, too) by becoming a part of this new ,movement.
With my bad hip the only cycling I can do is on my stationary SmoothX bike. I am trying to do 30 minutes a day 5 to 6 days a week until my hip is replaced in Oct. My weight has only dropped 2 lbs but my body fat has gone from 29.9 to 29.2 and I have had to go to my skinner belt. One of the guys at work has a $5,000 dollar racing bike. I am guessing he is hard core(Tulsa Tough).

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Catrikes? (from my old home state FL)
YEP , CATRIKES .
loved em always felt "they" couldn't see me I had the flags, blinking lights and still felt like I was riding "under the radar" learned to stay off streets.
Riding in parks presented new challenges as the width made passing and alerting walkers difficult, hey on the upside-I never fell off!!

Top Bottom