• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Can Elio Use The Refundable For?

Would you get an extra refundable reservation to lend Elio more money?

• Total voters

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the float is the number of days between transactions that are invested by the banks. i.e.you post a check to someone, -your bank withdraws the funds from your account, and the few days between processing the check of the receiver of your check is the float. When I send my kids a gift check, the funds are deducted from my account, and as their usual my kids might take a week to cash/deposit it, that time between the transactions the money is being used by the banks.
better defined by-

Definition[edit]

"Float is money in the banking system that is counted twice, for a brief time, because of delays in processing checks or any transfer of cash", as defined by the [Federal Reserve Banks of United States].[1] It is most obvious in the time delay between a cheque being written and the funds to cover that cheque being deducted from the payer's account.[2]Once the payee or recipient of a cheque deposits it in a bank account, the bank provisionally credits the account and thus increases the payee's account in demand deposit, assuming that the payer's bank will ultimately send the funds to cover the cheque. Until the payer's bank actually sends the funds, both payer and payee have the "same" money in both of their accounts. Once the payee's bank notifies the payer's bank by presenting the cheques, the "duplicate" funds will be removed from the payer's account, and the cheques will be considered to have "cleared" the bank.

In cheque clearing, banks refer to 'bank float' and 'customer float'. 'Bank float' is the time it takes to clear the item from the time it was deposited to the time the funds were credited to the depositing bank. 'Customer float' is defined as the span from the time of the deposit to the time the funds are released for use by the depositor. The difference between the bank float and the customer float is called 'negative float'.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "Float"???
What do you mean be the "Float"???
The non-refundable deposits and non-refundable, period, end of story, nada, you ain't gitten nuthin back!!
And that is written into the rules of the deposit. Period, end of subject, done.

Read the small print of the contract that you signed, you cannot get it back, the lawyers wrote that very well, and it is refundable? What refund? You signed the agreement! Right? And I've had a lawyer look at it, it is written very well, and very non-refundable!
So sorry my friend, once you bought in, your stuck.
You know I know all this stuff, I was asking what they do with the money that's sitting in escrow,

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That has never been talked about, by any of the people at EM or anyone else.
If you ask them, you will get a nice little form answer that says nothing; so it is sitting in holding, is all your going to get in reply.

Ask them, I'll bet that you don't get an answer.

Top Bottom