• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see big blocks of stock move before I'd get too excited. It's easy to manipulate or accidentally extrapolate imaginary value with such low volumes.

Agreed!

IMO...Elio Motors does not have a true billion dollar market cap...

3,000 shares a day on the pink sheets is not true price discovery...

Currently a few speculator's are buying & selling a small amount of stock daily...If the daily volume of Elio stock was 50,000 to 100,000 shares...that would paint a different picture...

The thought that Paul Elio & his major investors could currently cash out is not realistic ...there are no institutional buyer's for the millions of outstanding shares of Elio...

FYI...a Morgan Stanley study found that the current institutional ownership average among S&P 500 companies is 83 percent of shares outstanding.

The Reg A+ offering was a chance for small investor's who believe in the Elio story to buy a very small percentage of the company...

Elio Motor has not made a standard public offering...their stock has not been unwritten by any major financial institution...and the stock is not listed on a major electronic exchange...

Big price swings that suggest manipulation & speculation might not be a positive factor for Elio's reputation...

After 500% price appreciation in less than a week...now would probably be a good time to sell...assuming you could find a buyer...

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really don't think EM has started selling yet, not seriously anyway. If I understand how the Ask and Bid works, the spread about 10 minutes ago was $40 - $75, meaning EM is holding out for $75? They are just waiting for something, best I can tell.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really don't think EM has started selling yet, not seriously anyway. If I understand how the Ask and Bid works, the spread about 10 minutes ago was $40 - $75, meaning EM is holding out for $75? They are just waiting for something, best I can tell.

$40 - $75 was yesterday's 'daily range', meaning at the start of trading it was $40, and at some point during the day it got as high as $75, but closed at $60.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio is not buying or selling stock on the grey sheets (OTCQX exchange)...these are private investors & speculators that are offing to buy or sell small volumes of Elio stock...

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
999a.jpg

A bit of volume movement, not much else.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait a minute here.
It sounds like you have the impression that Elio Motors themselves are selling or attempting to sell (issue) more stock.
The stock being traded is only the stock held by individuals and companies that have already aquired stock from Elio motors.
Elio motors is not "collecting" a dime, this has nothing to do with that, and this is not how they're going to raise funds.
They would have to file again to offer more stock to the public.
IMO, the A+ is going to be it for a while.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait a minute here.
It sounds like you have the impression that Elio Motors themselves are selling or attempting to sell (issue) more stock.
The stock being traded is only the stock held by individuals and companies that have already aquired stock from Elio motors.
Elio motors is not "collecting" a dime, this has nothing to do with that, and this is not how they're going to raise funds.
They would have to file again to offer more stock to the public.
IMO, the A+ is going to be it for a while.

Thumb's up for your explanation...you're absolutely correct!

Top Bottom