• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Rabrandt99

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without any info, time has a way of answering questions: still a puzzle is why did Patrick Byrne/Overstock (if it really happened) invest $2.5million in EM?

The answer is simple: Patrick Byrne will fund virtually anything that has to do with Crypto. The more research I've done on various aspects of cryptocurrency, it almost always leads back to him in some way, shape or form. Honestly, Eliocoin was probably started with the knowledge of knowing that they'd get at least ONE person interested in them... the aforementioned Patrick Byrne.

Seriously, anytime this guys talks, he makes it known that while he likes the ergonomics of the Elio, it's the coin itself and what it means for the crypto-community that got him to invest and get Overstock involved (I've posted the Periscope video of Byrne speaking about this before). Byrne has been waiting for a project to come across his lap as a showcase for what he believes is a way to raise capital for infrastructure and manufacturing projects... which the Elio fits into perfectly. So he'll pump money into it, because if it succeeds, it proves his point and makes tZero look like a better alternative to Wall Street (which is his ultimate goal with tZero).

And like with Reg-A+, Elio was the first 'manufacturer' to go to crypto... so he wasn't going to pass that up, no matter what. Yes, 2.5 million is a paltry amount, but if it's all that's needed to keep the Elio lights on until they can do their digital coin on his platform, then that's what he'll do. That's partly why certain stockholders are pissed at him, as he has a tendency to use Overstock as a way to fund crypto projects without those projects really having any sort of way of benefiting Overstock near (or even far) term. Plus, while we don't know what amount he's given, he was the first person (on his own, and not via Overstock) to give money to Elio's ICO attempt to raise funds before launching Eliocoin.

So no, ESG Engineering was not behind the 2.5 million. That was all Patrick Byrne, using Overstock as his way of funding all the crypto projects that come his way. And I have a feeling that Byrne will keep pouring money into Elio until the Eliocoin comes out (unless Paul and other people on his team manage to piss him off), because it fits into his agenda... once Eliocoin comes out, then it's anyone's guess.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I looked today, and did not see any SEC updates for their financials. I am not schooled in such findings, but the latest ones I saw were from last year?

ELIO:USOTC US
Elio Motors Inc
COMPANY INFO
1.89USD
+0.04+2.30%
MARKET CLOSED
AS OF 08:10 PM EDT 06/18/2019 EDT
OPEN
PREV CLOSE
VOLUME
MARKET CAP
53.790M
DAY RANGE
52 WEEK RANGE

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are in a tough spot. By not releasing 2018 10k they will go to pink and face legal sanctions. By releasing the 10k, they will have to discuss the fines and their true financial statements. 10K is a serious legal document and they can not allude and mislead.

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They are in a tough spot. By not releasing 2018 10k they will go to pink and face legal sanctions. By releasing the 10k, they will have to discuss the fines and their true financial statements. 10K is a serious legal document and they can not allude and mislead.

How far out are they and did they file an NT? Considering the state Elio Motors is in, missing a 10K isn't smart but hardly the toughest problem they have right now. Legal actions are possible not guaranteed and SEC delisting is a good possibility anyway. We all know the fines but the financials would be interesting to see finally.

They (Elio Motors) really should have been nicer and more forthcoming to smaller investors than they have in the past. I would have appreciated that carried the flag a little longer if I knew what the sam hill is going on.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just had to check if EM is still, yet!, taking reservations and pages of their website do appear to be ‘down.’ Maybe an anomaly, ymmv. Interesting. Eventually something has to finally happen, or stop from happening....

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just had to check if EM is still, yet!, taking reservations and pages of their website do appear to be ‘down.’ Maybe an anomaly, ymmv. Interesting. Eventually something has to finally happen, or stop from happening....
Checked OTC, Elio is still listed on QB, nothing on Edgar. Must just be a computer error. I do not understand why the stock price is so high with no filings submitted. Site has been down for 20 hours

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EDAB3EAC-C234-4E38-848A-60E465CE79DF.jpeg

Top Bottom