• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
light end tunnel.jpg

Wonder if Elio will turn the light back on. We shall see.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no grounds for lawsuits. EM’s Forward Looking Statements promised nothing. Paul and EM (Elio Marketing) worked hard to generate funds from their decade long creative and highly successful “Hello Elio” Marketing Campaign. They deserve to keep it all. Many long time Elio Owner Forum fans continue to be supportive until Paul says it’s over and still encourage people to make reservations. Go Elio!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good news everyone! Your stock price is about to skyrocket!!!

I just sold off my shares which always means it is about to moon and I sold at the bottom, LOL. So you are welcome. Now I can use those funds to buy some Taco Bell for lunch :D

I will of course still be watching the boards since I really do want an Elio in my driveway, but I am now no longer an actual "Elio Owner". Hmmm, maybe I should have kept just one share...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is the source of the "SEC Gag Order" info? I've always thought it was just hopeful conjecture from cultist posters on this forum - I never saw the company claim an "SEC Gag Order."
The SEC has a gag order and a transparency order. Right now, Elio is 100% in compliance with the gag order, yet 100% in violation of the transparency order. It's up to them as to what SEC rules they want to follow and we now know that the transparency order is the one they wish not to follow. Seems pretty simple to me. If I was a staunch Elio supporter I'd be upset that the company decided to not be transparent any more. What does that mean in the future when the company starts making the car? If there's some major issue and it your Elio is dead n the water because of a problem, will Elio hide behind the SEC gag order again because they need to preserve the $150/share stock price? If they do this now will they do it again in the future?

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SEC has a gag order and a transparency order. Right now, Elio is 100% in compliance with the gag order, yet 100% in violation of the transparency order. It's up to them as to what SEC rules they want to follow and we now know that the transparency order is the one they wish not to follow. Seems pretty simple to me. If I was a staunch Elio supporter I'd be upset that the company decided to not be transparent any more. What does that mean in the future when the company starts making the car? If there's some major issue and it your Elio is dead n the water because of a problem, will Elio hide behind the SEC gag order again because they need to preserve the $150/share stock price? If they do this now will they do it again in the future?
I have never seen any evidence of an SEC gag order against Elio. As I understand it, gag orders are part of a settlement of an enforcement action. (https://ij.org/case/sec-gag-orders/) What was the enforcement action against Elio. I believe tht Bookly is correct, and that the gag order is mere conjecture.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no grounds for lawsuits. EM’s Forward Looking Statements promised nothing. Paul and EM (Elio Marketing) worked hard to generate funds from their decade long creative and highly successful “Hello Elio” Marketing Campaign. They deserve to keep it all. Many long time Elio Owner Forum fans continue to be supportive until Paul says it’s over and still encourage people to make reservations. Go Elio!
I believe that there are multiple grounds for lawsuits against Paul Elio personally, and against Elio Motors, Inc. Are those lawsuits winnable? Perhaps not. Is there any hope of collecting if the lawsuits were won? Not really. So it's really a moot point. No grounds ~ no lawsuit. No recoverable money ~ no lawsuit. It would not be rational for a reservation holder to spend more more to file a lawsuit with such a small hope of recovery, nor would it make sense for a law firm to take such a suit on a pure contingency basis.

Would the government pursue some kind of criminal action? Highly unlikely.

Whether Paul was a knight in shining armor, an unlucky idealist, an unsuccessful businessman, or a total fraud, it seems highly unlikely that there will be any significant legal action taken against him. Having said that, there was the $575k fine which was upheld, but still remains uncollected as far as I know.

While there are many Elio fans who would still buy one if produced, I doubt that anyone is encouraging people to make new reservations. In fact, every time someone tries to sell an old reservation, they are nay-say'd and discouraged. Even if the SIL and bonuses didn't transfer, an old reservation purchased for $750 or less would be just as good of an investment as a new $1k reservation.

No, after all the passion, enthusiasm, joy, anger, disappointment, hope, and sorrow, this story is likely to just fade away, without any dramatic conclusion.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have never seen any evidence of an SEC gag order against Elio. As I understand it, gag orders are part of a settlement of an enforcement action. (https://ij.org/case/sec-gag-orders/) What was the enforcement action against Elio. I believe tht Bookly is correct, and that the gag order is mere conjecture.
The gag order is like this. Paul can't say, " I am going to take Elio Motors Private or I have just talked to the Arabs and they like the idea of the Elio and are looking at investing $500M into the company." What Paul can do is give updates like he did from March 2016 to December 2016. Where Paul got in trouble was telling reservation holders that they would get their cars in 2018 (remember when he did that?). Paul is allowed to give us updates on all of the R&D that's going on as that's what he needed to do as it shows progress. Right now, the last real engineering update was around mid 2016. Other than that, no real updates when it comes to the progress of the car (as we all know needs lots more progress before it's production ready).

Let's not forget the SEC transparency order. Elio is not following that.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe that there are multiple grounds for lawsuits against Paul Elio personally, and against Elio Motors, Inc. Are those lawsuits winnable? Perhaps not. Is there any hope of collecting if the lawsuits were won? Not really. So it's really a moot point. No grounds ~ no lawsuit. No recoverable money ~ no lawsuit. It would not be rational for a reservation holder to spend more more to file a lawsuit with such a small hope of recovery, nor would it make sense for a law firm to take such a suit on a pure contingency basis.

Would the government pursue some kind of criminal action? Highly unlikely.

Whether Paul was a knight in shining armor, an unlucky idealist, an unsuccessful businessman, or a total fraud, it seems highly unlikely that there will be any significant legal action taken against him. Having said that, there was the $575k fine which was upheld, but still remains uncollected as far as I know.

While there are many Elio fans who would still buy one if produced, I doubt that anyone is encouraging people to make new reservations. In fact, every time someone tries to sell an old reservation, they are nay-say'd and discouraged. Even if the SIL and bonuses didn't transfer, an old reservation purchased for $750 or less would be just as good of an investment as a new $1k reservation.

No, after all the passion, enthusiasm, joy, anger, disappointment, hope, and sorrow, this story is likely to just fade away, without any dramatic conclusion.
Elio has done nothing wrong and he's never going to jail or paying a fine. It's that people today have a fantasy built up in their minds that there will be justice and in the end there is. It's the justice that you didn't do your homework and thus if you did, you would have made the intelligent decision where you weighed the risks. The Elio was never a sure deal and do not turn it into that. No different that when you play the lottery and get upset because you don;t win for the last 30 years. You knew the risk.

The life lesson is this, do your homework and then look at the risk. Play it accordingly. I played it and made a profit, so a bit of loss for me is not big deal. Elio made me money and I'm happy. They might just make me and all of the other stock holders ton of money down the road. As for my situation, the stock could go to zero and I still have 1.5 free Elios (assuming they still cost $7450). If not the Elios, I can use that money for something else. If I look at the numbers, Elio bought me a salvage i3 and then some other things. I wish there were more people like Paul because it does work out if you do it right.

Top Bottom