• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree with you about the coming of electric. A researcher at Purdue (//www.purdue.edu Research Park News) has just completed experimental battery charging by draining and replacing the electrolyte. He can charge a car battery in the same time as a gas fill-up.:thumb:

Yup, noted expert Lance Armstrong proved out the concept of replacing his electrolyte to gain recharge quickly. :D They always talk about steroids, but he beat detection mostly by getting fresh blood transfussions.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wondering IF Elio could issue bonds (I don't know if they can or not) how many would be interested? If they matured in eight years and had a 8% annual return, I would definitely be interested. They might even be able to raise the $300 million they need.

They did something like that in 2015. They were trying to raise 30 million through a debt offering. I'm not sure if they raised the full amount. They issued Convertible Subordinated Secured Notes. The interest was to be paid in Elio stock.

And I disagree on the electric car revolution. Electric cars have been competing with gas powered cars since the 1800's. And the current electric cars still suffer from the same problems they did over 100 years ago. Very high cost and lack of range. The entire electric car industry wouldn't even be viable without massive tax incentives.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They did something like that in 2015. They were trying to raise 30 million through a debt offering. I'm not sure if they raised the full amount. They issued Convertible Subordinated Secured Notes. The interest was to be paid in Elio stock.

And I disagree on the electric car revolution. Electric cars have been competing with gas powered cars since the 1800's. And the current electric cars still suffer from the same problems they did over 100 years ago. Very high cost and lack of range. The entire electric car industry wouldn't even be viable without massive tax incentives.

Yea but the break throughs have been coming and they now have a foothold. Im in no way a greenie but Id buy electric for city driving if it was priced like a city car. 100 mile range with good heat and AC turned on for under $10grand and Id jump on that puppy.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I take issue with this statement. Comparing today's electric cars to the early ones is like comparing bi-planes to jets. Not only have costs come down considerably, they're projected to have cost parity with ICE vehicle within the next 5 years.

All major manufactures are moving towards electrifying their line-up, and Tesla will be on pace to sell 500k/yr by the end of 2018.

Anyone discounting EVs is in for a very rude awakening.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to electric cars but I want them to compete fairly with gas cars. It's a borderline scam in my opinion. Take for example the solar panels on my roof. The out of pocket cost for that project was about $35,000.00. But after all the federal and state incentives I ended up paying about $3,500 for the entire project. The same concept is going on with electric cars. And the company I bought my solar panels from, Solar City, was going out of business until Tesla bought them.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Electric car article. Interesting conflict of opinions.
https://www.designnews.com/automotive-0/are-we-electrification-tipping-point-yet/51982814257257

Couple of paragraphs:

At last week’s Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars , many automotive engineers and executives from around the industry were still skeptical about the near-term prospects for electric cars.

“The general perspective of speakers, policy people, and industry engineers was that we’re not anywhere near the tipping point yet,” said Brett Smith, a program director at the Center for Automotive Research , who moderated panels at the event. “We asked the panelists, ‘Is the Model 3 proof that we’ve turned a corner?’ And their response was basically, ‘If you want to spend a lot of money building a car, not making a profit on the car, and then essentially giving it away, then the answer is, yes, we’re there.’”

A CEO of a major supplier at the seminars bluntly suggested that the auto industry is overhyping electric and autonomous cars. “Quite frankly, auto companies can’t tell publicly what they really believe,” Don Walker, CEO of Magna International was quoted as saying in Automotive News . “They know what’s going to happen, but they have to say what is going to be popular to be perceived as a progressive company.”

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to electric cars but I want them to compete fairly with gas cars. It's a borderline scam in my opinion. Take for example the solar panels on my roof. The out of pocket cost for that project was about $35,000.00. But after all the federal and state incentives I ended up paying about $3,500 for the entire project. The same concept is going on with electric cars. And the company I bought my solar panels from, Solar City, was going out of business until Tesla bought them.

I think you're ignoring the considerable subsides of the oil and gas industry.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Electric car article. Interesting conflict of opinions.
https://www.designnews.com/automotive-0/are-we-electrification-tipping-point-yet/51982814257257

Couple of paragraphs:

At last week’s Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars , many automotive engineers and executives from around the industry were still skeptical about the near-term prospects for electric cars.

“The general perspective of speakers, policy people, and industry engineers was that we’re not anywhere near the tipping point yet,” said Brett Smith, a program director at the Center for Automotive Research , who moderated panels at the event. “We asked the panelists, ‘Is the Model 3 proof that we’ve turned a corner?’ And their response was basically, ‘If you want to spend a lot of money building a car, not making a profit on the car, and then essentially giving it away, then the answer is, yes, we’re there.’”

A CEO of a major supplier at the seminars bluntly suggested that the auto industry is overhyping electric and autonomous cars. “Quite frankly, auto companies can’t tell publicly what they really believe,” Don Walker, CEO of Magna International was quoted as saying in Automotive News . “They know what’s going to happen, but they have to say what is going to be popular to be perceived as a progressive company.”

That is a case of:

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

PEVs are going to dominate the market within a decade, that's just reality.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I love the idea of EV's dominating the market within a decade. When I had my house built in 2009 I had a special plug installed for charging an electric car. I love the idea of powering my car in my garage with a lot of the juice supplied from the solar panels on my roof! But from a financial standpoint I haven't yet been able to make it work in my favor. Once I see the following I'm all on board with electric cars: Electric Civic costs the same as the gas Civic version with equal features. Range is 1.5 to 2 times the range of the gas version to compensate for the inconvenience of having to stop to charge up on trips. Now if they invent a way to charge at the same speed as a gas fill up then an equal range is fine. So I'm not opposed to EV, and I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm simply saying I haven't seen it yet.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I love the idea of EV's dominating the market within a decade. When I had my house built in 2009 I had a special plug installed for charging an electric car. I love the idea of powering my car in my garage with a lot of the juice supplied from the solar panels on my roof! But from a financial standpoint I haven't yet been able to make it work in my favor. Once I see the following I'm all on board with electric cars: Electric Civic costs the same as the gas Civic version with equal features. Range is 1.5 to 2 times the range of the gas version to compensate for the inconvenience of having to stop to charge up on trips. Now if they invent a way to charge at the same speed as a gas fill up then an equal range is fine. So I'm not opposed to EV, and I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm simply saying I haven't seen it yet.

You'll only need to wait 5 years for the costs to come down. Range will continue to be in the 300 mile range for Civic pricing, but they can get the charging times down to 15-20 minutes with current technology. I don't know too many people that jump out of their car, gas up, and jump back in to drive another ~300 miles down the road. Typical gas station stops on trips are in the 15-25 minute range anyway, especially if you're traveling with your family/SO.

I own 2 EVs, and haven't found charging on trips to be onerous at all.

Top Bottom