• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Forbes" says...

By year-end 2016 there were about 30 different EV offerings, with total sales of 159,139 vehicles.

Five different models sold at least 10,000 units in 2016: Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Chevrolet Volt, Nissan Leaf, and Ford Fusion Energi.

More than half of all EV sales took place in California, driven by the state’s zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) mandate, which requires that a certain percentage of an automaker’s sales must be ZEVs. California’s goal is to put 1.5 million ZEVs on the state’s roads by 2025.

Globally, EV growth has been even stronger. Since 2014 global EV sales have more than doubled. Following a 72% jump in 2015, 2016 saw a 41% global increase in sales to reach 777,497 vehicles.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be all in when range is 300 miles(with air conditioning blasting on the highway), same price as Civic gas, and charging in 15-20 minutes. 5 years works for me. And if the cost is low enough Elio can put batteries in their car and offer a very inexpensive electric option.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be all in when range is 300 miles(with air conditioning blasting on the highway), same price as Civic gas, and charging in 15-20 minutes. 5 years works for me. And if the cost is low enough Elio can put batteries in their car and offer a very inexpensive electric option.

A/C doesn't really use much energy, it's heat that is the energy hog. Heat pumps help with that, but not as effective at really cold temperatures.

Don't forget that electricity is typically cheaper than gas, so you really should look at EVs from a TCO perspective, rather than upfront cost.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Right now stock price means nothing. The shares are being manipulated to take as much money from the amateur investors as possible. Paying an application fee to Nasdaq is no reason for the stock climb so much. It was a good thirteen thousand dollar investment.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That is a case of:

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

PEVs are going to dominate the market within a decade, that's just reality.

I am certain we are headed in that direction but we need electric infrastructure that adds the energy capacity that can replace what gasoline puts out. We are not doing that yet. All we are doing is replacing the aging plants we already got. Just rough numbers, so dont be quoting me the calculator, we currently use 3,913,000,000MWh in this country. We ALSO use 143,370,000,000 gallons of gas per year. One gallon of gas is worth about 33.4KWh if we got 100% efficiency out of gas engines. So the equivalent electric power to get us ALL where we want to go is 4,788,558,000MWh. But gas engines are only about 30% efficient and electric cars will have their own inefficiencies. So lets factor in 50% gain instead of 70% gain. So we can reduce the actual electric power we need to about 2,394,279,000MWh needed to get us ALL where we want to go. So thats like a 60% increase in power generation AND line capacity to be able to get rid of gasoline transportation. Thats just not happening right now. In my town the power company gave out free flourecent bulbs to everybody so they wouldnt have to build a new power plant. I got 100 of those bulbs and am doing my part.

In the past 5 years, the grid capacity change was +12, -4, +7, -4, +15 in the units if Gigawatts. Hah, those numbers are not going anywhere and they are a drop in a 50 gallon bucket. To really replace gas cars, our capacity needs to be jumping by +100,000 to +300,000 Gigawatts per year. We have never recorded a year anywhere close to that EVER. So I dont see a big sea change within a decade. Not with the national debt we have. On top of that, as more people bogg down the electric grid by plugging cars in anyway, the power company is going to cry foul and create new charges for those with electric cars. So electric car usage will eventually rise in price for those that dont have solar roofs. Its unknown by how much, but electric companies will be wanting the car pluggers to be paying for the new power plants we need. So Im sure gas cars will be here for quite awhile. But electric cars will be slowly working their way in. Time enough for Elio to be able to succeed and then transition. :)

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One problem with "breakthrough" technology is that sometimes what the researchers invent isn't capable of being manufactured scale or cost wise. I've seen a half dozen recent battery developments that look promising but maybe they are hyping their research to generate funding for new companies. There isn't much battery manufacturing commitment going on except for Tesla, and it will be a while before they are up to speed. So where are all the new EV's going to get millions of batteries? And then ask about all the chargers and other things required. Another consideration is the current gas tax to pay for road repair. If the cars all go electric, then the tax will be shifted to them. That will lower the cost savings over gas a little and for a while the gas cars may be the less expensive option.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am certain we are headed in that direction but we need electric infrastructure that adds the energy capacity that can replace what gasoline puts out. We are not doing that yet. All we are doing is replacing the aging plants we already got. Just rough numbers, so dont be quoting me the calculator, we currently use 3,913,000,000MWh in this country. We ALSO use 143,370,000,000 gallons of gas per year. One gallon of gas is worth about 33.4KWh if we got 100% efficiency out of gas engines. So the equivalent electric power to get us ALL where we want to go is 4,788,558,000MWh. But gas engines are only about 30% efficient and electric cars will have their own inefficiencies. So lets factor in 50% gain instead of 70% gain. So we can reduce the actual electric power we need to about 2,394,279,000MWh needed to get us ALL where we want to go. So thats like a 60% increase in power generation AND line capacity to be able to get rid of gasoline transportation. Thats just not happening right now. In my town the power company gave out free flourecent bulbs to everybody so they wouldnt have to build a new power plant. I got 100 of those bulbs and am doing my part.

In the past 5 years, the grid capacity change was +12, -4, +7, -4, +15 in the units if Gigawatts. Hah, those numbers are not going anywhere and they are a drop in a 50 gallon bucket. To really replace gas cars, our capacity needs to be jumping by +100,000 to +300,000 Gigawatts per year. We have never recorded a year anywhere close to that EVER. So I dont see a big sea change within a decade. Not with the national debt we have. On top of that, as more people bogg down the electric grid by plugging cars in anyway, the power company is going to cry foul and create new charges for those with electric cars. So electric car usage will eventually rise in price for those that dont have solar roofs. Its unknown by how much, but electric companies will be wanting the car pluggers to be paying for the new power plants we need. So Im sure gas cars will be here for quite awhile. But electric cars will be slowly working their way in. Time enough for Elio to be able to succeed and then transition. :)

On that thread, Rural Electric Coops, (Red River Coop spec.) buy their electricity by the peak. Meaning that they must pay the rate determined by the highest volume (Peak Usage) all year long. This is to pay for the infrastructure required to produce the peak output. The peak day usually occurs on July 4. They subsidize switching water heaters from propane to electric because they can charge a uniform usage, KWh that does not peak. They subsidize ground source heat pumps to reduce A/C peaks. I don't know about other subsidies but Okla gas and elect also subsides peak reduction. My point is, a car charger which is used only at night would offset the peak of A/C usage during the day. This would be a good KW sale for a Coop because it would not effect peak or increase the need for a larger power grid. MAYBE.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
On that thread, Rural Electric Coops, (Red River Coop spec.) buy their electricity by the peak. Meaning that they must pay the rate determined by the highest volume (Peak Usage) all year long. This is to pay for the infrastructure required to produce the peak output. The peak day usually occurs on July 4. They subsidize switching water heaters from propane to electric because they can charge a uniform usage, KWh that does not peak. They subsidize ground source heat pumps to reduce A/C peaks. I don't know about other subsidies but Okla gas and elect also subsides peak reduction. My point is, a car charger which is used only at night would offset the peak of A/C usage during the day. This would be a good KW sale for a Coop because it would not effect peak or increase the need for a larger power grid. MAYBE.

Yea the electric companies will be playing a juggling act for along time till they can build out to catch up to demand. But battery availability is insufficient too so the great switch to electric transportation will be like water seeping into an old leaky boat.

Top Bottom