• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figured the stock will be unsteady and they will rise & fall till production. It is fun to watch monkey see monkey do. They see movement in a stock and they jump on the band wagon. I am happy to see the movement. I had a bid out for $3.00 something, but it only went down to $4.00. So, I missed out and I bought this car. I am in this Elio thing for the long term. I am betting everything will work out and we all are going to be RICH RICH RICH.
You may get your $3.xx ELIO yet.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am certain we are headed in that direction but we need electric infrastructure that adds the energy capacity that can replace what gasoline puts out. We are not doing that yet. All we are doing is replacing the aging plants we already got. Just rough numbers, so dont be quoting me the calculator, we currently use 3,913,000,000MWh in this country. We ALSO use 143,370,000,000 gallons of gas per year. One gallon of gas is worth about 33.4KWh if we got 100% efficiency out of gas engines. So the equivalent electric power to get us ALL where we want to go is 4,788,558,000MWh. But gas engines are only about 30% efficient and electric cars will have their own inefficiencies. So lets factor in 50% gain instead of 70% gain. So we can reduce the actual electric power we need to about 2,394,279,000MWh needed to get us ALL where we want to go. So thats like a 60% increase in power generation AND line capacity to be able to get rid of gasoline transportation. Thats just not happening right now. In my town the power company gave out free flourecent bulbs to everybody so they wouldnt have to build a new power plant. I got 100 of those bulbs and am doing my part.

In the past 5 years, the grid capacity change was +12, -4, +7, -4, +15 in the units if Gigawatts. Hah, those numbers are not going anywhere and they are a drop in a 50 gallon bucket. To really replace gas cars, our capacity needs to be jumping by +100,000 to +300,000 Gigawatts per year. We have never recorded a year anywhere close to that EVER. So I dont see a big sea change within a decade. Not with the national debt we have. On top of that, as more people bogg down the electric grid by plugging cars in anyway, the power company is going to cry foul and create new charges for those with electric cars. So electric car usage will eventually rise in price for those that dont have solar roofs. Its unknown by how much, but electric companies will be wanting the car pluggers to be paying for the new power plants we need. So Im sure gas cars will be here for quite awhile. But electric cars will be slowly working their way in. Time enough for Elio to be able to succeed and then transition. :)

This has already been studied. The current US grid could support an over-night switch of 70% of the light-duty vehicle fleet. The caveat being that it would have to be spread out relatively evenly across the country.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The stock has no business going over $10(intraday). Now it is right about where it was the day the announcement was made. The announcement was a step in the right direction, but it certainly wasn't a game changer. So it makes sense to be back to these levels. The good news is the announcement has probably put a floor in the price for the time being.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...but they can get the charging times down to 15-20 minutes with current technology.
Do you have any idea how much current it would take to dump that much power into a battery from a home 220VAC line? Here's a hint: Much more than any home electric hookup can provide. Those kinds of charging times are patently ridiculous for any home setup. Maybe at a special charging station you could do something like that. But even a 50A, 220VAC connection can only pump out 11kW. That's just under 6 hrs to charge a 60kWh battery, at 100% efficiency.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This has already been studied. The current US grid could support an over-night switch of 70% of the light-duty vehicle fleet. The caveat being that it would have to be spread out relatively evenly across the country.

Studied by the same people that studied the global warming thing I would bet. And thats a big caveat that you mention. California is the current center of the EV roll out. They have some of the highest energy bills in the land and still were unprepared when Enron became king of the hill in the deregulation. However, continual roll out will be so slow that its going to be a few years before anybody starts to notice a squeeze.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Studied by the same people that studied the global warming thing I would bet. And thats a big caveat that you mention. California is the current center of the EV roll out. They have some of the highest energy bills in the land and still were unprepared when Enron became king of the hill in the deregulation. However, continual roll out will be so slow that its going to be a few years before anybody starts to notice a squeeze.

I'm not going to get into a discussion about AGW, but it was an MIT study.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any idea how much current it would take to dump that much power into a battery from a home 220VAC line? Here's a hint: Much more than any home electric hookup can provide. Those kinds of charging times are patently ridiculous for any home setup. Maybe at a special charging station you could do something like that. But even a 50A, 220VAC connection can only pump out 11kW. That's just under 6 hrs to charge a 60kWh battery, at 100% efficiency.

Chargers capable of doing this have already been installed...it's not difficult to do.

Top Bottom