• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe there is a transition going on here, and Elio really does need to get a serious move on.

Electric is definitely the wave of the future, and the future is coming fast. I still enjoy daily driving my Chevy Volt, that initial burst of speed when needed never gets old!

That being said, the downside is there are still a lot of apartment dwellers that don't have mass access to a power supply to charge. Oh sure, there are the places that SOME charge points, but it is not at the point where the majority will have it. Other people may live in houses, but garages are filled to the brim with "stuff" and there is no outside power supplies. If they are renting, it gets even harder.

I looked up prices for used Tesla's last night, and wow, they are still way out of my league. I know there are different avenues to go, Craigslist for instance, where I am sure killer deals are available. There are way more affordable vehicles out there, but I will give Elon a lot of props for getting a move on with Tesla. There seems to be different trains of thought as to how the funding keeps Tesla going, but the fact remains, he is getting it done. Bumps in the road and all.

The upside for Elio, the way I see it, is even though some of us older hanger ons may be losing interest and have moved on, there is always a new crowd coming along to take their place. I wonder sometimes how many of the original reservationists have just flat out moved on and will pass on the opportunity to get an early Elio.

I have a hard time believing they are going to pump out 200,000 units a year. Not that they won't have the ability, but the demand won't be that high, I believe. I hope they are getting things done in the background, but I would think if they were, there would some kind of press showing that there are some proto-types getting done. I am not buying into the whole idea that they are not allowed to say anything due to SEC regulations, I see other companies showing progress all the time. That excuse keeps coming up anytime anybody questions as to why there is no visibility. There is always the idea that we are there, it is only 2 months away... The problem with that is, the only 2 months idea gets floated quite often, and yet years go by with nothing.

If I recall correctly, the company that was going to get the Shreveport facility up and running, was going to take 90 days to get it setup. Until that gets started, there is probably no use getting our hopes up to start that 76 (less?) week timeline. Surely that would be announced?

All this being said, I will still graciously accept my opportunity to purchase my green Elio!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you really don't know what you're talking about.
When I ordered the Elio, money was tight and it wasn't going to be an "AND" vehicle, it was going to be my primary transportation and it was EXACTLY what I needed.
The "and" argument was a poor attempt at marketing.

Electrical is taking over faster than most can adjust. The niche for elio is shrinking fast.

I can now afford a Tesla and a place to store and charge it.

I've endured delays over and over these years with lower quality excuses with each and every update.
I'm disgusted, I'm VERY disappointed, and I'm over it, and I regret investing the $1000 then later signing over my rights to a refund in a stupid moment of artificial positivity and faith in the company.

I could have donated the $1000 in a local animal shelter and it would have made a difference.

So what's the production date?
NEVER

and it will remain at NEVER until we get REAL answers, see REAL results, and have proof of REAL progress.

When someone says that they have an inside ear and the news is good, IGNORE IT.
When there is news of "Letters of Intent" and other non binding legal jargon with no details, IGNORE IT.

All I want to hear about at this point is that the company Liquidates, or goes into production.

Anything else, and you're wasting our time and hopes.
Good news on your bumped up financial status, but yet a somewhat painful like button hit. Still a little hope to get some real answers. Results and progress are evident to all.

Jelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am beginning to look at other women... I mean three wheelers, I'm finding this abstinence thing too much to hard to bear, bare? Here she is ( I've been stalking her)… I've saved enough for her, although it was for my old flame, first love, my Elio. But I'm 63 and can't wait forever. I will always want an Elio but for now.. 900cc and the test drive was awesome! She is coming in December... THIS December.

Ryker900.jpg

StevenB

Elio Fan
Reaction score
A new Elio would have been great in 2017 - but it will still be great in 2019/2020/2021! The challenge of getting something like this off the ground has to be unbelievably difficult, if it was easy everyone would design and produce their own take on the perfect vehicle. As a matter of fact, I’d encourage any naysayers to do exactly that! For me, the deposit has been an inexpensive cost of admission to a fascinating journey. I’m proud to be a part of something I still believe will see the light of day. Keep the faith, the journey continues!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A new Elio would have been great in 2017 - but it will still be great in 2019/2020/2021! The challenge of getting something like this off the ground has to be unbelievably difficult, if it was easy everyone would design and produce their own take on the perfect vehicle. As a matter of fact, I’d encourage any naysayers to do exactly that! For me, the deposit has been an inexpensive cost of admission to a fascinating journey. I’m proud to be a part of something I still believe will see the light of day. Keep the faith, the journey continues!
Well said StevenB, very well said indeed.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am beginning to look at other women... I mean three wheelers, I'm finding this abstinence thing too much to hard to bear, bare? Here she is ( I've been stalking her)… I've saved enough for her, although it was for my old flame, first love, my Elio. But I'm 63 and can't wait forever. I will always want an Elio but for now.. 900cc and the test drive was awesome! She is coming in December... THIS December.

View attachment 23055
you kids are all the same, 63????,you're probably the mean age here, (coming from a 76 yr old), and there's a bunch that makes me look like a teen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom