• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's no Hyundai sea plant there. Hyundai Glovis is there and they are a logistics company but have nothing to do with seats.

I do agree that getting the plant early on was not the way to go due to Elio not having close to the amount of funding needed. All the plant has done is create debt for Elio and with all of the extensions on this debt, if Elio gets funding, those people will not do another extension and will want to be paid now. I think getting the plant was more of a confidence builder to get people to put down money for reservations. It worked but not good enough. At this point, Elio is stuck and really needs to try to renegotiate the deal they are in because that debt will continue to grow and having to pay it off when some funding comes about, will just make it harder to get the car to market with funding coming in to pay off legacy debt.

I do wonder about this. When Elio was going to have those 1500 jobs. Did that number include the engine plant? I can't find any info on that. I do know that Elio would need less space because it takes a pretty good amount of room to build engines. Maybe Elio could work out a deal with Hyundai Glovis for logistics as they are already up and running there.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's no Hyundai sea plant there. Hyundai Glovis is there and they are a logistics company but have nothing to do with seats.

I do agree that getting the plant early on was not the way to go due to Elio not having close to the amount of funding needed. All the plant has done is create debt for Elio and with all of the extensions on this debt, if Elio gets funding, those people will not do another extension and will want to be paid now. I think getting the plant was more of a confidence builder to get people to put down money for reservations. It worked but not good enough. At this point, Elio is stuck and really needs to try to renegotiate the deal they are in because that debt will continue to grow and having to pay it off when some funding comes about, will just make it harder to get the car to market with funding coming in to pay off legacy debt.

I do wonder about this. When Elio was going to have those 1500 jobs. Did that number include the engine plant? I can't find any info on that. I do know that Elio would need less space because it takes a pretty good amount of room to build engines. Maybe Elio could work out a deal with Hyundai Glovis for logistics as they are already up and running there.

Hey, you were right about the seats. I thought I had read they were installing seats there. They ARE assembling there though...

"In Shreveport, Glovis will provide added options and packages to the vehicles prior to delivery to dealerships. Options and packages include security systems, Bluetooth connectivity, mud guards, electronics, sunroof accessories, decal kits, and other specifications as requested by the dealerships, according to a news release."

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, you were right about the seats. I thought I had read they were installing seats there. They ARE assembling there though...

"In Shreveport, Glovis will provide added options and packages to the vehicles prior to delivery to dealerships. Options and packages include security systems, Bluetooth connectivity, mud guards, electronics, sunroof accessories, decal kits, and other specifications as requested by the dealerships, according to a news release."
Actually Glovis does what Elio is planning to do with their supplier. The outfit the cars that come in. It's that thing when you go into a dealer and when looking at a car, there's some included "you can't turn down" option package. The only way it can be turned down is if it's fleet sales. Thus those are the ones Glovis never sees. Glovis could add options to your Elio if Elio Motors contracted them to do that.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually Glovis does what Elio is planning to do with their supplier. The outfit the cars that come in. It's that thing when you go into a dealer and when looking at a car, there's some included "you can't turn down" option package. The only way it can be turned down is if it's fleet sales. Thus those are the ones Glovis never sees. Glovis could add options to your Elio if Elio Motors contracted them to do that.
True... Glovis could become one of the Elio Marshaling centers there in Shreveport. Easy Peasy.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True... Glovis could become one of the Elio Marshaling centers there in Shreveport. Easy Peasy.
If I was running the company, I'd work with them to handle at least the reservation holders and then put something on for those that come to Shreveport to pick up their Elio. Just a way to thank everyone for waiting that long. It could just include a factory tour, meet and greet with Paul and then someone to show you the ins and outs of the Elio. That alone would go a long way on getting some excellent PR when production begins.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I was running the company, I'd work with them to handle at least the reservation holders and then put something on for those that come to Shreveport to pick up their Elio. Just a way to thank everyone for waiting that long. It could just include a factory tour, meet and greet with Paul and then someone to show you the ins and outs of the Elio. That alone would go a long way on getting some excellent PR when production begins.
I agree. It doesn't have to be anything expensive or elaborate even. Maybe they hire a tour guide to work for a few months who makes hourly trips in a little golf cart train that makes a quick tour. The person who finalizes your paperwork (all the financing/payment crap could be handled over the phone), could then walk you out to your Elio, show you around real quick, and point you to the "New owner meet-and-greet area" where maybe Paul and the gang would make frequent short visits to thank everyone... maybe not... but either way, it'd be a place where you could park your Elio and walk around and see what other people have done with options or colors. It could be a way to encourage post-purchase sales... Plus, Elio could benefit from an owners/cult like Jeep, Beetles, and Mustangs have.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has there been any announcement of a new production date? I've fully expected it to be pushed into 2020, but the last I heard, they were still pushing the 2019 start date. I can't see how at this point.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to Elio Motors (dated December 3, 2018) on their official Facebook page:
The production date is estimated to be 76 weeks from the timely and successful completion of our current and subsequent fundraising efforts. The timing and availability of the funds can move and we will do everything we can to keep the project moving forward by utilizing each piece of funding received, as we receive it. Thank you for your support.

From the day of Elio Motors posting that, would mean 5/19/20 if they got full funding that day.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you really don't know what you're talking about.
When I ordered the Elio, money was tight and it wasn't going to be an "AND" vehicle, it was going to be my primary transportation and it was EXACTLY what I needed.
The "and" argument was a poor attempt at marketing.

Electrical is taking over faster than most can adjust. The niche for elio is shrinking fast.

I can now afford a Tesla and a place to store and charge it.
That sounds great for you, congrats. It is great to have things work out for you. You are right I don't know your story. I am glad it is working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom