• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no government delay. It's EM's delay to produce a running tested prototype to validate claims made on their ATVM application form. Easier to cast blame on the government? The government wants to be sure the Elio qualifies and that EM has the financial status to repay the loan. It's an example of responsible government.
I bet you don't get called out for making a political post - just saying...

It reminds me of:

"All Animals are EQUAL, but some animals are more equal than others...

Animal Farm - George Orwell

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What exactly is it that EM has to do to "qualify?" Seems to me all they should have to show is that they are going to make enough profit to pay back the loan...I don't see how the vehicle getting only 80 MPG, as opposed to the claimed 84 MPG makes any difference in how many they will sell...I think it would sell like hotcakes even if it only managed to get 60 MPG, simply because it's different...
There is a requirement for ICE vehicles to achieve 75 MPG to qualify for the program, so that would be a hold up if it doesn't achieve that mark.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet you don't get called out for making a political post - just saying...
It reminds me of:
"All Animals are EQUAL, but some animals are more equal than others...
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Ahem.... Marshall; if we see a statement that needs to be retracted, we'll take care of it. Ok?
And it has nothing to do with who stated them; it's a level playing field on the board.
There is a requirement for ICE vehicles to achieve 75 MPG to qualify for the program, so that would be a hold up if it doesn't achieve that mark.
If you read EKH's post he addresses the mileage section.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People have reported that the P5 did not appear to have a drive train in it at the L.A. show.
They concluded this from observing that the drive shafts were not connected to anything.
One person said that the P5 was covered until EM was told that they had to show it.
One also said that EM never raised the hood on the P5 during the show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom