• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If he were $10M away, it would already be done. You're off by at least a factor of 20 and more realistically 50. Testing a prototype won't really have value beyond research value and getting to a production version to test for investment and marketing is where we're at now. We're looking for a bridge, not an inflatable raft.
Best reply I heard so far Marshall! :D That's about summed up everything that's been discussed....and argued here with no end in sight! :D

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, but they as you well know have a huge problem with air pollution (coal) and they have been on TV yesterday claiming to keep to the Paris agreement to lower the CO2 air content. Verses the current administrations effort of the United States to ease restrictions of the EPA, DOE, etc, etc, etc for cleaner air.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
China generates about 66% of the electricity with coal. The US produces about 30% of it's electricity with coal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_of_the_United_States1
Yes, they do and also they heat their homes and factories with it. They do not have the infrastructure like the US to have clean burning gas, they use coal in their homes and are very exceptible to carbon monxide poisoning. They have a hugh air pollution problem with the coal and they have to cut this down to bring their heath care costs down besides whatever else is costing them with coal. I spent 3.5 years from India to South Korea, Russia and Mongolia border to Australia in 14 countries.

Last edited:

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like China's plan is to convert their coal plants to nuclear and transition from ICE vehicles to EV's starting by replacing 1000's of government vehicles.

Perhaps the USA could negotiate a big trade deal to ship our surplus of clean coal to China.
Most of the people travel by train and I took many of these trains around the country. You, have to have money to get a vehicle, Asia as a whole uses millions of three wheel vehicles and Elio would fit very well in China. But, they do place four to five people on a 250cc motorcycle to see their friends and family. They have bus line systems with beds that I have taken also. Remember there are 1.3 billion in China alone, and they have new roads though out the entire country. They don't get into automation like the US because they have so many mouths to feed.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, but they as you well know have a huge problem with air pollution (coal) and they have been on TV yesterday claiming to keep to the Paris agreement to lower the CO2 air content. Verses the current administrations effort of the United States to ease restrictions of the EPA, DOE, etc, etc, etc for cleaner air.
ie The starting points are VASTLY different, so you should expect differences when finding the OPTIMUM balance between affordability and a clean environment.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ie The starting points are VASTLY different, so you should expect differences when finding the OPTIMUM balance between affordability and a clean environment.
I think China is finding or has found out the effects of cleaner air verses their high air pollution alerts over the years, and even before I visited China in 2005 and 06. People wore face masks not only in China, but in Southeast Asia as a whole from the fumes from auto and truck transportation. Not all of China is covered by the government health care system, they still have to pay for some services. Most of China is very poor, but the healthy people have clean air in the country where they grow their food supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom