• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought opinion with no substantiation was taboo. I guess 'nothing is impossible.'

This from the latest SEC filing:

"The financial statements do not include any adjustments that might result from the outcome of this uncertainty and whether the Company can continue as a going concern past 2016."

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought opinion with no substantiation was taboo. I guess 'nothing is impossible.'

This from the latest SEC filing:

"The financial statements do not include any adjustments that might result from the outcome of this uncertainty and whether the Company can continue as a going concern past 2016."

Or...
"As I have previously shared, the ATVM program is not a breaking point for Elio Motors. However, based on our projected impact on the market and the economy, it is a program that we believe was custom designed for a company like ours. Therefore, our hope is that the implementation of the above steps will satisfy the recently revised ATVM requirements, resulting in Elio Motors being awarded an ATVM loan."

http://jalopnik.com/the-elio-will-cost-7000-but-now-you-have-to-buy-one-if-1785204182

It all depends on where you want to 'cherry pick' your statements from.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or...
"As I have previously shared, the ATVM program is not a breaking point for Elio Motors. However, based on our projected impact on the market and the economy, it is a program that we believe was custom designed for a company like ours. Therefore, our hope is that the implementation of the above steps will satisfy the recently revised ATVM requirements, resulting in Elio Motors being awarded an ATVM loan."

http://jalopnik.com/the-elio-will-cost-7000-but-now-you-have-to-buy-one-if-1785204182

It all depends on where you want to 'cherry pick' your statements from.

Doubtful they will receive ATVM funding without significant outside investment. Here's some more "picking" from the DOE regarding ATVM eligibility (http://www.energy.gov/lpo/atvm-project-eligibility).

To be eligible for an ATVM direct loan an applicant must:
• Be an automotive manufacturer satisfying specified fuel economy requirements or a manufacturer of qualifying components.
Be financially viable without the receipt of additional federal funding for the proposed project.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Without a proven engine, there will be no ATVM loan. It remains to be seen if some investor(s) have less demanding criteria that the DOE. It's over, man. There, I said it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Without a proven engine, there will be no ATVM loan. It remains to be seen if some investor(s) have less demanding criteria that the DOE. It's over, man. There, I said it.
Sorry it's not over, or a sure thing........both views are extreme. I'm somewhere in the middle. EM has the same chance with or without the ATVM Loan. EM's own financial statements are bleak, progress is slow, but funding can materialize allowing for that good progress to continue. Along with funding, EM also lists other roadblocks to success. What would make the difference in funding and credibility to venture capitalists and/or the ATVM are finalized specs and a running prototype.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom