• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Status Of The Atvm Loan?

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MY 2 cents. I just learned that your credit score can vary by as much as 70 points without any adverse or positive actions on your part. It is a heuristic used by bankers too lazy to actually qualify an applicant. If the bank wants to make the loan, they can do it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MY 2 cents. I just learned that your credit score can vary by as much as 70 points without any adverse or positive actions on your part. It is a heuristic used by bankers too lazy to actually qualify an applicant. If the bank wants to make the loan, they can do it.
My recent experience with a home loan indicates a much broader qualification requirement than just your credit score based on the new Federal Banking Regulation guidelines established after the housing crash. Have you tried to qualify for a home loan in the past 7-8 years. My Bank's loan officer didn't like the new regulations and the added red tape she said made her job more difficult................I did. :)

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the grumblings in here over the ATVM loan are unreasonable...you gotta admit, the loan application has been simmering on the back burner for quite some time now...

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the grumblings in here over the ATVM loan are unreasonable...you gotta admit, the loan application has been simmering on the back burner for quite some time now...
Two years in Government Time is FAST unless you are a significant campaign donor and get the wheels greased.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Check this out, if you haven't already:
http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/05/f16/ATVM-Program-Application-Overview.pdf

This one line in the document may explain why Elio is building 100 at Shreveport:
ATVM is a loan program, not a grant program. It provides "expansion capital," not working capital

This could mean that they would expect Elio to be "manufacturing" at their location and require funding in order to "expand" to full-rate production. They'd have to show that they can build the Elios for less than they sell them for as well. Because, this isn't a grant program.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grumble at EM for not supplying the ATVM loan committee a proof of concept and financial statements showing their ability to repay the loan. We have an example of a government agency actually doing their job no reason to grumble.

Ty's post #109 above validates why the loan application has been sitting on the back burner.

Top Bottom