• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Status Of The Atvm Loan?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a promise to pay or a promise to cover someone who promises to pay. Who cares about the difference? Either way, Elio Motors gets a pot of money they have to pay back, or they don't.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Check out Yahoo Finance for Zacks reiteration of $51 and $152 for Elio Motors. Zacks has saved my butt multiple times and made me a good return to boot! And that's what I find online for free. Elio will be the biggest thing since Keurig...take that back bigger! It's all about 75 mpg, that's what the ATVM program is mostly about!

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Facts.... ---> http://www.energy.gov/lpo/atvm <---
Paragraph 2
..."The ATVM loan program provides direct loans to automotive or component manufacturers for reequipping, expanding, or establishing manufacturing facilities in the U.S. that produce fuel-efficient advanced technology vehicles or qualifying components, or for engineering integration performed in the U.S. for advanced technology vehicles or qualifying components."...
William i stand corrected. Raises the stakes even higher.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a chance that the DOE will decide to wait until after the elections?...

I was wondering that myself....And I certainly hope they don't!

Edit: Now that I think about it. If the ATVM loan depends on input from the fleet sales to prove safety and durability of the vehicle, then I suppose if the loan is given, it will be after the election.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Government tends to look more closely whether car makers comply with CAFE figures under normal driving conditions.
Does that pose a risk for Elio's goal to hit 80 mpg?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is targeting 84, but the ATVM uses 75 as a qualifier. I'm certain both numbers will be important when the results come in.

In a recent post on Facebook someone pointed out that the 75 mpg is CAFE where the 84 is EPA and the Elio will be something like 95 mpg on the CAFE. In any case if you look at footnote 6 on page 5 of form 10-12B ---> http://ir.eliomotors.com/all-sec-filings/content/0001214659-16-012757/0001214659-16-012757.pdf <--- You will see that Elio is expected to achieve 92 mpg CAFE.

Incidentally, if that all seems confusing, don't feel alone.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In a recent post on Facebook someone pointed out that the 75 mpg is CAFE where the 84 is EPA and the Elio will be something like 95 mpg on the CAFE. In any case if you look at footnote 6 on page 5 of form 10-12B ---> http://ir.eliomotors.com/all-sec-filings/content/0001214659-16-012757/0001214659-16-012757.pdf <--- You will see that Elio is expected to achieve 92 mpg CAFE.

Incidentally, if that all seems confusing, don't feel alone.
It's the nitty gritty of determining what and how to measure. It's more difficult when every burocracy has made up their own standard. One thing which I find interesting is how the actual results will measure up against the virtual simulations used in deriving the estimates.

Top Bottom