• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Status Of The Atvm Loan?

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We as Americans have become a rather impatient lot.

sorry just my .02

This all happens when it happens and not a moment before. that 275,000 you see... its 278,000 now like 350,000 by the time I even SEE my elio...just keep going :)

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like to think of it as no news is good news; if DOE was going to reject the application, it probably would've done so by now. Helps me sleep better at night. :p

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How much time do they need to make a decision? I realize that when dealing with anything federal gov wise, it's going to take time (usually a LONG time), but this has gone beyond ridiculous...it's time for the folks at ATVM to sh*t or get off the pot, as they say...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We as Americans have become a rather impatient lot.

sorry just my .02

This all happens when it happens and not a moment before. that 275,000 you see... its 278,000 now like 350,000 by the time I even SEE my elio...just keep going :)
No kidding; we just got pictures and updates on the E-series build 4 or 5 days ago and everyone was, "wow, look at the progress; they're really moving now"; we get to today and it's gloom and doom again. 5 days!! Remember when we used to be happy getting pictures or updates a month apart?
And if you recall for the P5 build, the pictures they release are who knows how old. We were looking at the P5 and all of the stuff that was missing like the motor, and the suspension; and we got uptight because the LA show was only 2 or 3 weeks away. They had to test it some, and drive it across country and we were all nail biting "ohhh they'll never get it there in time"!! (The sky is falling!, the sky is falling!!).
And OMG they made it to the show in time, they had done everything they said they were going to do.
Now were pacing wondering where the loan is, and are they going to make it to the plant in time because of the contract; "oh whoa is me, whoa is me"

Grow up. EM and Paul have been better recently than any time in the past.
When something is a big announcement, we'll hear about it.
If ultimate failure is knocking on the door and demanding their heads; we'll probably know about that too.

Stop the whining; it gets really old in a hurry

JWSET

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think I what to change the name of this thread to What's the status with the ATVM Loan?
It sounds a lot better than What is taking so long.

I think that is a good idea. Folks seem to forget nothing happens over night. The I's have to be dotted and the T's crossed before things move forward.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think if it hasn't gone through it probably won't
I suspect the final decision on the ATVM loan will not be made until either results from the E series test are done or even more likely, the build of the Fleet vehicles has been done. The reason is that this demonstrates the qualification of Elio for the loans such as MPG and viability.

While not getting the ATVM loan doesn't kill Elio, it would certainly delay it and do harm.

Top Bottom