• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Your 1st Mod Going To Be ???

Anyone else ???

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • NO FREAKIN' WAY !!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hoping I don't need to mod mine and they are all optional add-ons.

Heated seats, steering wheel, and mirrors. set of snow tires for winter. Simple Exterior wrap. Exterior LED's on outrigger wheels.

Items I'll wait for first legitimate road reviews or my first couple of months of owning. If it is too loud, I'll add sound deadening package, if engine is too weak, maybe add turbo.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FIRST mod will be that instrument panel. Will opt for a good needles and numbers display. Factory options include MT, color TBA, opening rear windows in rear, radio upgrade (bluetooth) and maybe a couple of better speakers, cruise, heated leather seats, very possibly interior panels.

Immediate needs include, 35% window tints, air horn, alarm (w/remote lock), and LED DRLs with switch if not OEM offered, will be my first additions. I'll investigate fitting a CHMSL above the hatch, a small toolkit, first aid pouch, and "glove compartment" (vinyl zippered pouch. living to right of the driver's seat for registration, insurance, etc. papers. Many of these will require thinking over my real needs, once my Elio is in my driveway. I'll install additional (switched) USB power outlets for Qi phone charger/bracket and GPS, plus voltage inverter for 120vac, and USB power points in the rear. I already have the app for reading and logging OBDI II data on my phone, all I need is the BAFX Bluetooth plug for the port.

Interior lighting may be questionable, as some kind of illumination will be needed for entry and exit. maybe a small "gooseneck" lamp for underdash mount or overhead to the right as a "map" light. No illuminated sill plates - I had 'em for three months on one car before I ever noticed them. Found later they were a part of a package option I'd PAID $$$ for. :doh:

Other mods will eventually include fog lights, strips of electrolumenescent tape on front fenders (yellow front, red rear, off white when off). If needed, I'll fit a carrier to the back of the front seat to accommodate a DVD player or a tablet - something to keep my back-seater occupied on long trips.

(links may not represent choice at time of purchase, shown as examples only) :becky:

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
FIRST mod will be that instrument panel. Will opt for a good needles and numbers display. Factory options include MT, color TBA, opening rear windows in rear, radio upgrade (bluetooth) and maybe a couple of better speakers, cruise, heated leather seats, very possibly interior panels.

Immediate needs include, 35% window tints, air horn, alarm (w/remote lock), and LED DRLs with switch if not OEM offered, will be my first additions. I'll investigate fitting a CHMSL above the hatch, a small toolkit, first aid pouch, and "glove compartment" (vinyl zippered pouch. living to right of the driver's seat for registration, insurance, etc. papers. Many of these will require thinking over my real needs, once my Elio is in my driveway. I'll install additional (switched) USB power outlets for Qi phone charger/bracket and GPS, plus voltage inverter for 120vac, and USB power points in the rear. I already have the app for reading and logging OBDI II data on my phone, all I need is the BAFX Bluetooth plug for the port.

Interior lighting may be questionable, as some kind of illumination will be needed for entry and exit. maybe a small "gooseneck" lamp for underdash mount or overhead to the right as a "map" light. No illuminated sill plates - I had 'em for three months on one car before I ever noticed them. Found later they were a part of a package option I'd PAID $$$ for. :doh:

Other mods will eventually include fog lights, strips of electrolumenescent tape on front fenders (yellow front, red rear, off white when off). If needed, I'll fit a carrier to the back of the front seat to accommodate a DVD player or a tablet - something to keep my back-seater occupied on long trips.

(links may not represent choice at time of purchase, shown as examples only) :becky:
Wow, that's some kind of list.
I plan on the window tint 1st thing; I do that with every vehicle I've own for the last 25 years.

After that; I will wait till the Elio tells me what she wants (of course it's female (PM me for explanation why ;)))
And you can only find out what those items are after a time that you can drive and enjoy it.

I'm also looking at what do I want to build and try so I can market those items to other Owners. A few people have already asked for things and are on my list.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that most of us will be modding our Elios to suit our own tastes and applications. I've included links to many of the accessories I'm considering, and you'll see that most are pretty cheap and can become Saturday morning projects, completed over a period of time. Only the instruments, alarm and radio upgrade will be over $50, and I'm considering having them installed by an expert, so there's another cost.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that most of us will be modding our Elios to suit our own tastes and applications. I've included links to many of the accessories I'm considering, and you'll see that most are pretty cheap and can become Saturday morning projects, completed over a period of time. Only the instruments, alarm and radio upgrade will be over $50, and I'm considering having them installed by an expert, so there's another cost.
Just a mental illusion on my part; at the end of your entry, you said: "......... so there's another Coss
Since I have said I am doing replacement instrument clusters.

Then I read it again, and realized that's not what you said.

But if you want in on the list, just send me a PM with your name and contact info.

Top Bottom