• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What startup three wheelers have you driven

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me:
Arcimoto FUV.

All the other concepts I had interest in to include reservation deposits, turned to vaporware.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am curious as this is a three wheeler forum. Thus, what have you driven in the real world.

For me:
Polaris Slingshot
Vanderhall
Can-AM
I sat in the ELIO in two different venues at the time when no test drives are offered. Simple 3cyl- 3wheeler design wasted by mismanagement. Electric ELIO anyone???

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for that tilting three wheeler riding experience in a fully enclosed cabin FUV engineered with Arcimoto’s Tilting Motor Works Trio assembly. Doesn’t appear it will ever be enclosed or tilting. The only thing tilting at this point is their business model. However, the open air FUV was FUN too.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for that tilting three wheeler riding experience in a fully enclosed cabin FUV engineered with Arcimoto’s Tilting Motor Works Trio assembly. Doesn’t appear it will ever be enclosed or tilting. The only thing tilting at this point is their business model. However, the open air FUV was FUN too.
I'm really giving the Nimbus One more than 50-50 chance. The CEO seems really committed and he's got a company to build it for him. I'll hold off on my $100. deposit until at least April-May and see if they already picked a launch state and the test-drive is in place.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm really giving the Nimbus One more than 50-50 chance. The CEO seems really committed and he's got a company to build it for him. I'll hold off on my $100. deposit until at least April-May and see if they already picked a launch state and the test-drive is in place.
I was unaware of a manufacturing partner. Do you happen know who and their location?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was unaware of a manufacturing partner. Do you happen know who and their location?
I might be wrong but I thought I heard him talk about it in one of his videos...at YouTube I think. Let me see if I can find it. Also, not sure if they're Michigan or California based EV start-up.

Top Bottom