• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What To Do In Phoenix?

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting sent out to Phoenix for the next two weeks. Driving out from Denver in the morning and overnighting in Albuquerque. So, I'm wondering, what are the best places in Phoenix to spend my $30/day per diem on?

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends on where you are staying, but around where I typically end up on business visits(ASU Medical campus) Mariscos Playa Hermosa, and The Arrogant Butcher are good eats where as I usually end my evenings at Seamus McCaffrey's for the scotch selection.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting sent out to Phoenix for the next two weeks. Driving out from Denver in the morning and overnighting in Albuquerque. So, I'm wondering, what are the best places in Phoenix to spend my $30/day per diem on?
Hmmm, $30/day? That sounds a bit low for that area doesn't it? I guess it depends whether you want 3 meals a day or just 1. :-) Z

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, it's likely too late to say, being Monday and all; But a drive into Sadona is very nice. 2k feet of red rock face is pretty cool.

The weather as also good for a drive around to the Salt River Canyon, by way of Devil's canyon, after which then on to Payson, and back to Phoenix, total 3.5 hours. Kind of like a mini grand canyon drive.

The gas would have fit inside of $30 for both if you had your Elio. :-)

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, it's likely too late to say, being Monday and all; But a drive into Sadona is very nice. 2k feet of red rock face is pretty cool.

The weather as also good for a drive around to the Salt River Canyon, by way of Devil's canyon, after which then on to Payson, and back to Phoenix, total 3.5 hours. Kind of like a mini grand canyon drive.

The gas would have fit inside of $30 for both if you had your Elio. :-)
Actually I came in through that way. GPS said that if I took NM 117 out to US 60 and Arizona 260, it would save half an hour due to construction on I-40. It was a beautiful ride, although those curvy 6% slopes were kind of scary in a top heavy truck!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually I came in through that way. GPS said that if I took NM 117 out to US 60 and Arizona 260, it would save half an hour due to construction on I-40. It was a beautiful ride, although those curvy 6% slopes were kind of scary in a top heavy truck!
lol, yes you missed going by Meteor Crater, and that 7% into and back out of the Verde Valley if going by way of Flagstaff. So you did good old son!

No wait, I see by the map you actually skipped away from Payson. Yes that route you went was harder normally. Hopefully you could look at some stuff while wearing that dear-in-the-headlight look. That's challenging going those directions on those roads. When you hit the valley and connected to hw60/hw79 junction(s of Superstition Mountain) you were about 20mile from my home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom