• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will Be The Primary Use For Your Elio?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will retire my wife's 2008 Prius, Hand down my 2013 Prius and use my Elio for my commute to my job 60 miles away. I have two "fun" classic cars, and depending on how "fun" my Elio is, I may sell one of them too. When we retire, we are contemplating RVing for a while. I am wondering if Elio will be light enough to tow behind a smaller, "fuel efficient" camper van?
Can you get fuel efficient camper vans there? The only ones I have found on line are from Great Britain. The ones they have are very, very nice and amazingly fuel efficient. :-) Z

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ohhh, watch those fenders skirts on all that gravel. I've read some horror stories about the Alaskan Highway that tears stuff up pretty bad.

I'd like to drive/ride the old cattle trails from Texas to Wyoming. I love the idea of not needing to worry about the weather because of the enclosed cabin/cockpit of the Elio. Looking forward to the sporty ride dispite the wintery weather.
When visiting Wyoming a few years ago I crossed road signs pointing out the Oregon Trail and others. Don't know what you had in mind, but they were rutted grassy abandoned wagon roads in the midst of prairie. Looked like something for a dirt or adventure bike, certainly not a road car like Elio.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will be used for our 130 mile daily commute. Will like to see if it will pull our 1964 16 ft Silver Streak travel trailer, currently using my 1956 Chevy 2 door sedan, also have a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger with a Boss 302 under the hood.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will drive my Elio anytime I don't need to carry a load. We have a Ford pickup, a Toyota van and a Scion Xb that we call our "Li'l Toaster on wheels", so, you can see that we absolutely need an Elio to fill out the corral. Actually, it will probably replace the Scion as our economy car.
Like most of you, I remind myself of the kid Ralphie in A Christmas Story, jus' dreamin' away about cruisin' up a shady, winding Ozark highway, in my Elio, with "Born to be wild" blastin' on the stereo, catching third gear and powering around a curve....I guess you could call it "Eliomania"...

Last edited:

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will be used for our 130 mile daily commute. Will like to see if it will pull our 1964 16 ft Silver Streak travel trailer, currently using my 1956 Chevy 2 door sedan, also have a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger with a Boss 302 under the hood.
Pulling that 16 ft. Silver Streak with an Elio should work great, as long as you're going downhill and don't need to stop....I guess your trailer brakes could do the stopping....but I sorta have this vision of little orange fenders sticking out from under a shiny trailer...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a photo I found of a 1964-65 Silverstreak......17'. Elio will pull that like a dream...........no wait only in your wildest dreams. Cool Trailer, but better keep your other hauler.
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will drive my Elio anytime I don't need to carry a load. We have a Ford pickup, a Toyota van and a Scion Xb that we call our "Li'l Toaster on wheels", so, you can see that we absolutely need an Elio to fill out the corral. Actually, it will probably replace the Scion as our economy car.
Like most of you, I remind myself of the kid Ralphie in A Christmas Story, jus' dreamin' away about cruisin' up a shady, winding Ozark highway, in my Elio, with "Born to be wild" blastin' on the stereo, catching third gear and powering around a curve....I guess you could call it "Eliomania"...
Yep, that's me too........Easy Rider.....personalized plates. EZRYDR

Top Bottom