• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would Elio Do? Wwed

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking (a bad habit} and what do you think would happen if the original depositor of an Elio left this planet before they could get their car? By contract you just lose the money, but do you think that they would refund the estate given the circumstances? This is going to happen, if it already has not.

What would you expect?

Second question, Has anyone ever given a deposit for a purchase that would require a wait time as long or longer? What was it?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking (a bad habit} and what do you think would happen if the original depositor of an Elio left this planet before they could get their car? By contract you just lose the money, but do you think that they would refund the estate given the circumstances? This is going to happen, if it already has not.

What would you expect?

Second question, Has anyone ever given a deposit for a purchase that would require a wait time as long or longer? What was it?
Interesting questions. I will answer #2 first because it is the simplest. No.

As for the first question, I wondered that when one of our members passed last month. He did have a reservation number. I know EM has no obligation to refund the money but don't know what they would do. Personally, I would not want them to refund my money. It would simply become my gift to EM. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The reservation agreement actually allows for transfers with written approval from EM:
This Agreement is not transferable or assignable to another party without the prior written approval of an Elio authorized representative.

One of our members has also asked the death question:
When we made our reservation, we ask about the death of the reservation holder. We were told that the reservation MAY be transferable to surviving spouse but would not be considered a part of ones estate. Meaning if we both died before delivery it could not be transferred to our surviving heirs.

I am not sure if EM would be quite as extreme as the way they apparently expressed it to this member as they would not want bad publicity however it is likely they would limit transfers to close family members such as spouses and children of the deceased and would not issue refunds.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Question#1 Goofyone has my answer above
Question#2 Never for me but my son in law ordered a car that took about 8 months to be delivered. I assume he put down a nice deposit as it was not a cheap vehicle!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One more thing, I've lived by a rule in my life, "If I can't get what I want, when I want it, then I really don't need it from your store, I'll find something else, somewhere else!" The Elio has become the exception to this rule! I'll wait until EM has what I want and then I'll go get it!:D

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The reservation agreement actually allows for transfers with written approval from EM:

One of our members has also asked the death question:

I am not sure if EM would be quite as extreme as the way they apparently expressed it to this member as they would not want bad publicity however it is likely they would limit transfers to close family members such as spouses and children of the deceased and would not issue refunds.

Since they can't legally limit the transfer to only the "surviving spouse" , I'm sure there will have to be accommodations and exceptions .I think the intent might have been the ability to put down small money on many cars, and when it happens "sell /resell the options"

Top Bottom