• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's The Hold-up?

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last question is the easiest to answer Pete. If forum participants are members of EM they hide it very well. We were actually discussing this earlier today. We know they have staff reading through the various Elio related but not Elio connected forums just to keep an eye on the pulse of customers.

If you want to help your search for good information I recommend our moderator, goofyone. I find the information he provides the most helpful and the most insiteful. We had one other person earlier in the year who had a lot of information but then he was out of the country for a while and then on the road for a while more so he seems pretty busy these days. There are several other people with a lot of knowledge so if you use the search function you will probably run across them as you read up on your selected topics. There is an incredible depth of knowledge represented in this group and they are generally very friendly and forthcoming on their favorite topics. I hope you enjoy this group and that it will help make the waiting a little easier. I have only known about the Elio since January so my frustration is not as deep as yours. Also I design and make my own clothes and it is not unusual for a glitch to occur so something I thought would take two days to make ends up taking much longer - sometimes even months. That definitely makes me much more patient with EM's delays and frankly I don't expect them to tell me every detail of what is happening. That is their business. Mine is being a customer who has the privilege to enjoy this incredible experience of following the development, production and finally the ownership of my Elio. The pleasure is all mine and I am grateful for it. :) Z

goofyone is not only a good source of information, but a "Good Guy" too.

Yogi Leigh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm concerned that while nothing has been said about the cause(s) of the constantly changing delivery estimates, Elio is promoting the $1000 "all in" option more aggressively every month.

I had originally elected the $100 "all in" option when I first heard about the car over a year ago. At that time the first delivery was estimated for early 2014; about a year wait. I initially decided I would increase my deposit as the project progressed and I gained confidence in Elio's ability to deliver as advertised. Then the delivery schedule began changing constantly, so a year an a half later I still have over a year to wait. Will this trend continue indefinitely, and will we ever get our Elios?

I fully understand that there are usually delays in starting up any production as complex as an Elio, but it's maddening that the more the delivery date is pushed out, the more the PR guys push existing reservation holders to commit more money. I've seen this pattern before, and it's certainly convinced me NOT to increase my deposit at this time.

It's time to take a break with the hype, and start accounting for the delays. All major manufacturers and government contractors eventually pause to examine the issues of a project (typically at a "Critical Design Review", with full participation of the customer), so how about it Elio?

Pete

pete.d

As you mentioned, and can speak from experience; not everything in this world is cotton candy and bubble gum.
There's nothing more difficult than patience. :confused:
Maybe it's time to take a break from all the hype. Maybe concentrate on other things that make you happy and try to forget about Elio for a while.
It's probably a healthier thing to do. I know you've been waiting a long time. o_O

Elio Motors has a facebook page (Elio Motors) if you want to talk to a representative. However, they probably won't answer the questions you listed above any more concise than Joshua Caldwell did.

We're glad you joined the group. :)

Top Bottom