• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Up

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I owned a Kawasaki 2012 ZX14R with 200HP that I had some 'giggle moments' about while thinking of that swap into my Elio... Sold the bike. Still don't have the car.

Thomas Malkin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think Elio never had any intention of building cars, except for a few prototypes, just to show the investor "something was happening". They simply sold and marketed an "idea" (A big payday for them, with no commitment)

Ars Technica covers the ATVM loan hoarding catastrophe. As I've said, they've not made a loan in eight years.
Read it. They've destroyed many, many startups by inaction or direct cancellation.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/0...-car-program-but-it-was-already-on-the-ropes/

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ars Technica covers the ATVM loan hoarding catastrophe. As I've said, they've not made a loan in eight years.
Read it. They've destroyed many, many startups by inaction or direct cancellation.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/0...-car-program-but-it-was-already-on-the-ropes/

Interesting article... but it’s only one person‘s opinion...

There is no proof from the article that any of those companies met the ATVM loan requirements...

Those loans were intended to be paid back with interest...Elio never had the solvency to be able to do that...

After reviewing all of the Elio’s previous SEC documents... they would’ve never met the financial requirements that ATVM required...

I don’t see a catastrophe... just a bunch of companies that were not credit worthy...

Al Sugar

Reaction score
I got my "all in" years back, and invested a small amount in the stock, I wanted one of these cars - I wanted the company to succeed - still think it's a great concept. It seems another "three wheel car" probably electric will capitalize on all the lobbing they did with helmets in all states. The fluctuation of the stock price and the highs, have made me suspicious that the "brass" cashed out when they had an opportunity and now they have no capital. I don't know, will this ever happen? I just found this site and wondered if all the others saying it is vaporware are seeing things more clearly than me...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got my "all in" years back, and invested a small amount in the stock, I wanted one of these cars - I wanted the company to succeed - still think it's a great concept. It seems another "three wheel car" probably electric will capitalize on all the lobbing they did with helmets in all states. The fluctuation of the stock price and the highs, have made me suspicious that the "brass" cashed out when they had an opportunity and now they have no capital. I don't know, will this ever happen? I just found this site and wondered if all the others saying it is vaporware are seeing things more clearly than me...

Hi Al, welcome to the forum. Looking around you will see there are a lot of opinions, mostly negative and all speculative, about the future of Elio. But the bottom line is none of us are seeing clearly because Elio is not releasing any information.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually the "Read my lips. No new taxes." quote was by George H. W. Bush at the 1988 Republican National Convention.

Richard Nixon's famous quote was "I am not a crook!"

Top Bottom