• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is an 'Investment'

An investment is an asset or item that is purchased with the hope that it will generate income or will appreciate in the future. In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth. In finance, an investment is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will be sold at a higher price for a profit.

The term "investment" can be used to refer to any mechanism used for the purpose of generating future income. In the financial sense, this includes the purchase of bonds, stocks or real estate property. Additionally, the constructed building or other facility used to produce goods can be seen as an investment. The production of goods required to produce other goods may also be seen as investing.

Taking an action in the hopes of raising future revenue can also be an investment. Choosing to pursue additional education can be considered an investment, as the goal is to increase knowledge and improve skills in the hopes of producing more income.

Last edited:

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NorTracNY,
I think you're taking JEBar's comments out of context. He is meaning 25% increase on the money applied. But a vehicle can be an investment in many ways. For example...
- Invested in transportation in order to travel and increase wages with a new job. Making the "investment" and travel worth the expenditure (investment)
- Reduce total operating cost in order to increase usable funds (increase your bottom line)

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually I was looking for someone who has recently went all in for a SIL to help me understand why they would do it. I was not looking for anyone else to guess on what they are thinking as I am capable of doing that.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually I was looking for someone who has recently went all in for a SIL to help me understand why they would do it. I was not looking for anyone else to guess on what they are thinking as I am capable of doing that.

My personal preferred business model is simple refundable reservations only. The latest EM SEC filings mentioned the millions in cost to the company as a result of the 50% discount bonus offer that becomes a major revenue loss and a detriment to the new startups success, not a help.

post edited to remove inflammatory comment

Last edited by a moderator:

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My personal preferred business model is simple refundable reservations only. The latest EM SEC filings mentioned the millions in cost to the company as a result of the 50% discount bonus offer that becomes a major revenue loss and a detriment to the new startups success, not a help.

Yes still possible reasons, but I don't want to assume that's why I have tried to specify who I have directed the question to.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can only speak for me. I sent ELIO a $1000 day one I read about it. Not for a spot in line but because I supported the idea. I sign a purchase pledge day one again not because I though it would increase my chances of getting ELIO #8019 any sooner, but because I still support the idea.
I have all but given up on ever seeing ELIO #8019. I have purchased two new cars and 3 new motorcycle sense the day I hit send . That does not mean I have given up on the Idea of Americas version on the first VW only with 3 wheels. Should the day come I get an email as to when and where ELIO #8019 will be shipped or I can pick it, I will order at least one more like two.
I'm with you Smitty. I support the idea of the Elio even if I don't live long enough to see it. I also bought $5K in stock for the same reason. Hopelfully, it will make a difference for the future of our kids and grandkids.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am all in, but do not have a SIL, how hard can it be to give you a #?
Did you go $1,000 All In?
Did you do it after September 26, 2016?

If so, you should be getting it any day now; they only do SIL mailings every 6 to 8 weeks.
Also make sure to check your Spam and Junk folders; it doesn't come from the normal EM email addresses.

Top Bottom