• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm more impressed that there are 2400+ folks who have put up a $1000 than I am at there being over 10k of us in at the $100 level. That's a lot of faith.
I only went $100.00 because if this never happens then you are out of luck.. The fact remains that nothing is happening at the factory and to me this is a gamble.. I do wonder how Paul Elio has supported himself since this has gone on for 6 years.. Don't get me wrong I too want this to happen but at this time there is absolutely nothing concrete just talk and no action.. Let's see where this leads..

Ray

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Number 2336 will reside near Vinton Iowa, Remember the $1000 investment gets you an automatic 50% return on your money, this should cover the options that I want.

Ray Dolasin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I talked to a rep in Knoxville on the 4th and she said that when they start production in January 2015 their goal is 750 units per day. If you do the math (I'm #2064) mine should be made the fourth or fifth day of production. I also read or heard that Knoxville is being considered as a site for purchase and distribution... By the way I'm 6*3. 335 and I fit fine in th P4.

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If you figure that 2500 people went in at $1000, that's $2.5M. Pretty admirable crowd funding. You'd like to think it would generate a few vehicles.

On the other hand, I was lucky #13 on the Aptera list, and also had my name down for a Persu (as the company went through three different names). I've been down this road. If it happens, I'll be cheering. If not... I'll probably be the first sucker to sign up for the next one. :)

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you figure that 2500 people went in at $1000, that's $2.5M. Pretty admirable crowd funding. You'd like to think it would generate a few vehicles.

On the other hand, I was lucky #13 on the Aptera list, and also had my name down for a Persu (as the company went through three different names). I've been down this road. If it happens, I'll be cheering. If not... I'll probably be the first sucker to sign up for the next one. :)
I'm with you DT! I will not put more than $100.00 down for this reason... There is nothing concrete in place so I will wait and see what happens.. Very risky business at this point in my opinion! Hoping this becomes reality but if not I'm only out $100.00..

Ray

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I talked to a rep in Knoxville on the 4th and she said that when they start production in January 2015 their goal is 750 units per day. If you do the math (I'm #2064) mine should be made the fourth or fifth day of production. I also read or heard that Knoxville is being considered as a site for purchase and distribution... By the way I'm 6*3. 335 and I fit fine in th P4.

Isn't that too fast a production rate? If they make 750 a day, that's 15000/ month with 20 working days. Since there's 11000 reserved already, I'm worried that they cannot sell enough. Yes I'd love to ge my car by summer 2015 but I also want the company to be viable in the long term

Ray Dolasin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If the interest continues to grow as it has in the last couple of months for another year you could be looking at a a lot of units being built. Not out of the realm of possibility..Just guessing!:)o_O

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't that too fast a production rate? If they make 750 a day, that's 15000/ month with 20 working days. Since there's 11000 reserved already, I'm worried that they cannot sell enough. Yes I'd love to ge my car by summer 2015 but I also want the company to be viable in the long term

Whatever the final production goal is they will have to ramp up to get there. Whenever you start a new assembly line you start slowly and gradually speed the line up as everyone gets more comfortable with the process. This method also allows them to find and work out any kinks in the assembly process. Once the assembly line starts up I doubt they will be assembling more than a few dozen over a shift at first however within a month or two they will likely be able to pump out hundreds each shift.

I am sure they will start a big sales push in the quarter just before the assembly line starts running. They will begin opening a few test sale locations and start hosting larger events including test drives. They will also likely begin buying some strategic advertising to make the masses aware of Elio. Having already taken deposits for thousands of Elios ahead of time will also give them more cushion between the time mass production begins and when production ramps up to faster speeds.

Last edited:

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By that time they will have a partial dealer network built I imagine. They will have to supply all those dealers with at least 10 cars initially. Supplying Elio store locations is going to eat a lot of initial demand.
The first thing people will want to do is test drive one. I could see every dealer having 5-6 cars out on test drives at any given time easily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom