• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I can. It's a shame.
I will tell you though, I was all-in for $100 then upgraded to $1000. This was in August sometime. And when I did that, I noticed warnings on the site that said something to the tune of only all-ins are upgradeable. If you missed that, then there may not be much they or you can do except chalk it up to poor communications and upgrade ASAP. Personally, I'd be disappointed, but would have a difficult time coming down too hard on EM as 100% at fault.
I'm not pointing fingers or accusing anyone. I fully realize that this could easily have been my fault and none of theirs. Lord knows I've made my share of mistakes in my life and I accept my faults. I'm just saying, I have nothing to loose if I collect a full refund and regroup while I consider my position. However, if I were a member of the Elio Sales Team, I'd be calling people personally in an attempt to avert any refunds, considering the current state of finances.

I gotta get off here now because this entire affair is making me sick. I'll check back tomorrow and update my status/this thread. Thanks for listening to my whinning...

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, well, well,...I find myself at a crucial point in my pursuit of an Elio. It seems something was "wrong" with my reservation.

Let's recap: I started with a $250 Want In deposit on September 4th, 2014 and found this group to join in the excitment and anticipation of the new product development and release speculation. I had received an email confirmation of my initial payment. On September 12th I went All In with what I thought was a upgraded reservation and received a new email as receipt of the additional $750 payment. Neither email classified the type of reservation that the deposit paid for so I expected everything to be fine, for both. I checked my bank account and the credit showed to Elio Motors.

When this last round of reservations numbers began to hit and members here posted their individual and corporate joy, I became concerned and email the Elio sales team to find out the status of my reservation, to find out that they had changed the method of "upgrade" sometime along the way. I was informed via email the refundable reservation are not subject to upgrade and that additional paperwork was required that included a signature of a scanned document, etc.

So, I don't have my place in line, have never had an All In reservation and would probably still be waiting if I had not contacted the Elio Sales Team to inquire about the status of my frustrating reservation. The Sales Team was happy to take my money, but failed to follow through by alerting me of the confusing status of my reservation. I have requested that all my money be refunded while I revaluate my position, since I won't loose a All In place in line that I never actually had to begin with; if I decide to maintain my level of interest, I can go All In for the $1K and still obtain the same sales order position since I don't actually have a position to loose.

I pretty disappointed and dejected...
Go to the Elio Motors website and click on the "support" tab. There is a section on how to convert your "want in" reservation to an "all in" reservation. It will put you in line for the next release . They have been pretty responsive about fixing those issues.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got more than my big toe wet and decided to pull the trigger, diving all in at 10/10/14. Confirmation number came in at 11/11/14, #11036. I guess I'm part of the movement now.
Hi and welcome from Oregon, draklyn. Congratulations on your special number. I hope you get a great deal of pleasure out of this movement and even more once we are driving our Elios next year. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, well, well,...I find myself at a crucial point in my pursuit of an Elio. It seems something was "wrong" with my reservation.

Let's recap: I started with a $250 Want In deposit on September 4th, 2014 and found this group to join in the excitment and anticipation of the new product development and release speculation. I had received an email confirmation of my initial payment. On September 12th I went All In with what I thought was a upgraded reservation and received a new email as receipt of the additional $750 payment. Neither email classified the type of reservation that the deposit paid for so I expected everything to be fine, for both. I checked my bank account and the credit showed to Elio Motors.

When this last round of reservations numbers began to hit and members here posted their individual and corporate joy, I became concerned and email the Elio sales team to find out the status of my reservation, to find out that they had changed the method of "upgrade" sometime along the way. I was informed via email the refundable reservation are not subject to upgrade and that additional paperwork was required that included a signature of a scanned document, etc.

So, I don't have my place in line, have never had an All In reservation and would probably still be waiting if I had not contacted the Elio Sales Team to inquire about the status of my frustrating reservation. The Sales Team was happy to take my money, but failed to follow through by alerting me of the confusing status of my reservation. I have requested that all my money be refunded while I revaluate my position, since I won't loose a All In place in line that I never actually had to begin with; if I decide to maintain my level of interest, I can go All In for the $1K and still obtain the same sales order position since I don't actually have a position to loose.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem However, you are not quite right about the place in line. Although you do not have a place in line with a number, you still are in line based on your date of upgrade and level. It simply isn't in the All In category. If you get that refund, then you start all over again at the bottom of the list based on your new reservation date. :-) Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score

BillZ, If you can get Elio to get your money straight then go all in now. That will only put you a couple months later than you would have been. Anyway it's still going to be 18 months or more before your number comes up and by them it will be water under the bridge.
Hang in there, time heals.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BillZ, If you can get Elio to get your money straight then go all in now. That will only put you a couple months later than you would have been. Anyway it's still going to be 18 months or more before your number comes up and by them it will be water under the bridge.
Hang in there, time heals.

Dam!!! Wayne, You All right!!! by encouraging a fellow Elio future owner to over come a problem and still get a production number in the shortest time.
My hats off to you!!!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone who got their number yesterday and today. I will be curious to see Jambe's list next week to see what the highest number is. :-) Z

Top Bottom