• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

foxeys_fox

Reaction score
I hate the new fenders, they look like over kill, this is not what I paid $1,000 for, this takes the stream line look away from the Elio makes it to bulky, if dirt gets on my roof I can just add mud flaps or I can wash it off!! when I pick my Elio up it had better have the fenders on it that I have paid for!!! where I can still see my tires. I want the solid color not a to tone ether I went all in for the lime green and I do not want any thing else!!! come on Elion motors get real stop messing up a great car, you are going from great to crappy, stop changing this car the lights are awesome but you do not need to change anything else. if we want to change our cars just give us the option to do so, THANK YOU........... foxeys_fox

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you want less mpg, by all means put those hideous original fenders on with less than aerodynamic wheels. I want maximum mpg. When I went all in April 20, 2013, I knew changes would/could be made, that the design would have to be tweaked for max mpg. My only complaint about Elio is the whiners..............

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry about the fenders. Some teenager who just his/her license will be staring at you in your Elio and run into them anyway...trust me, custom cars draw two things...attention and bad drivers. AND it gets worse...Just wait until you come out of a store and see kids climbing on or sitting on the fenders, then you'll really freak out.

Mack Bailey

Elio Fan
Reaction score
They won't sit on fenders with these mounted:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl3_KIIE91Wn0gREWReIQOrctWQAkFCsRcaTJQQRY6Gh4f97Wm.jpg

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P-4 optimizes the best thinking for a truly aerodynamic vehicle . Wind drag reduces MPG and that was an original goal for the ELIO. If you simply cannot live without slapping fancy wheel rims (that all can see) on your ELIO, than do so at your expense as after market add on junk , but leave the design P-4 the heck alone!! RB

Farm Boy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Remember, the name of the game for Elio is Price point & MPG, not looks. Let the factory build a basic, dependable, inexpensive car, then after you get it spend all the extra money you saved on the original price the customize your own ride. The dealers need some way to make some extra revenue, let them make it with add on's. As for myself, its going to be a daily driver back and forth to work, all the extras don't help the MPGs or reliability.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still not quite there on my fender design, but I like the direction it is taking. Yes, I intend to build them once the Elio comes out. Maybe I'll talk to the same plastics people and have them produced them for resale. But the truth is, I'd really like to see Elio just use a design like this up front.

The holdup for me is that it's tough to have one curved fender surface when everything else is somewhat angular.

Someone want to post it on FB for them to see? (I used Silas Sundays FB post for the base picture so he deserves credit).
upload_2014-2-24_17-38-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-24_17-28-33.png
    upload_2014-2-24_17-28-33.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 377

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
%2Fassets%2Fv3%2Feditorial%2Fa%2F0f%2Fa0f7456c-a41d-11e3-8dfa-001a4bcf887a%2F5316a68e70071.image.jpg

Anyone else wonder why there are no lines or raised details on the front fenders to match the back panel? Is it as flat and plain as it looks?

Top Bottom