• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheels

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that most, not all, but most Prius owners drive by us folks in normal gas powered car as if we are beneath them. It will be hard to not drive past them in the non hybrid, gas powered Elio without a smug smile on my face. Knowing that I will not have to dump $5,000 to $6,000 into a battery around 150,000 to 200,000 miles of ownership. The Elio will probably last longer than that based on current gas engine technology.

I'll bet there wouldn't be nearly as many Prius sold if the people buying them planned on owning them when they get to 150,000 miles. Elio should be cheaper to service also since they are standard technology. Less electrical gremlins to worry about.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Elio will be much greener than a Prius and not just in mpg. The manufacturing process of the batteries the hybrids use is very un-green, and you are left with hundreds of pounds of acid once it is useless. I remember a couple of years back an independent firm calculating that a Hummer was "greener" than a Prius with everything taken into account over the life of both vehicles.

I just want one in my garage no matter what color or fenders.
Now that I have to agree with. I can always make cosmetic changes myself if necessary. The important thing is for the Elio to become a reality.

Top Bottom