• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will Production Begin?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One advantage for me on this delayed start time. I'll be closer to a full cash buy. ;)
I like the one payment and NO more payments/interest. I will be Ready when they are, cash/cashiers check and the tour, in La. I'll drive/ride it home after the Party. Maybe party with those that pick them up that day?
Drive it or ride it, witch would be correct?????

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I predict the first few out of their facility will happen in June 15', but they will be handbuilt or coachbuilt cars, not "production" cars. The idea of production involves a substantial investment in automated assembly and material handling which costs hundreds and hundreds of millions to implement, and starting fresh perhaps 3-4 years to dial in. So we will see a handful next year, but not enough to satisfy a fraction of the reservations on record. What happens after that I suspect the company will close its doors by late 16', as it will not see any significant increase in demand it would need to justify a "production" model and investment. At that point maybe 500 or so coachbuilt units will be shipped, leaving the un-lucky owners responsible to somehow find a way to find or make replacement parts, and be their own mechanic. I'd purchase one if the company matures into a real company, but as that will never happen, they will just be rendered as a curiousity into some corner of the Smithsonian 20 years from now.
mr know it all.png
o_O

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the one payment and NO more payments/interest. I will be Ready when they are, cash/cashiers check and the tour, in La. I'll drive/ride it home after the Party. Maybe party with those that pick them up that day?

A rose by any other..............Just doin it will be very fine!
upload_2014-5-26_17-57-58.jpeg

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Drive it in the front, ride it in the back.:confused: That didn't come out right.
Drive it when sitting in the front seat, ride it when sitting in the back seat.:D

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
honestly, just critique or refute my points with your informed opinion, please convince me otherwise, I'm open to debate.
Sorry, emotional debates are a lose, lose situation.
It will go one for a little while and then we will just have you kicked off like the rest.
It's best you just relent and hang around with the rest of us for the next 14 months or just move on.:)
upload_2014-5-26_21-42-43.jpeg

Last edited:

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I predict the first few out of their facility will happen in June 15', but they will be handbuilt or coachbuilt cars, not "production" cars. The idea of production involves a substantial investment in automated assembly and material handling which costs hundreds and hundreds of millions to implement, and starting fresh perhaps 3-4 years to dial in. So we will see a handful next year, but not enough to satisfy a fraction of the reservations on record. What happens after that I suspect the company will close its doors by late 16', as it will not see any significant increase in demand it would need to justify a "production" model and investment. At that point maybe 500 or so coachbuilt units will be shipped, leaving the un-lucky owners responsible to somehow find a way to find or make replacement parts, and be their own mechanic. I'd purchase one if the company matures into a real company, but as that will never happen, they will just be rendered as a curiousity into some corner of the Smithsonian 20 years from now.
Ya got any skin in this game.

Join today, Bitch today, that's odd.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And just how long have you been following the development of the Elio? Somehow we must have missed your earlier accounts

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
honestly, just critique or refute my points with your informed opinion, please convince me otherwise, I'm open to debate.

Our members tend to be nice people so they may humor you for a couple of posts however I doubt many members are really going to take this conversation very seriously as you have not presented anything we do not read here on a regular basis most commonly from brand new members such as yourself. :)

Top Bottom