• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will Production Begin?

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OMG! don't get them started.......there is no source!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very likely you know who starting a new anti campaign post...........please ignore Ignore before it's too late!

Sorry, can't help myself. Been fishing for trolls for a long time. They're kinda like Sunfish, can't hardly beat em off your hook some days.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jeff, there will be a lot of stuff going on between now and the time production starts. It will not be easy with the number of people involved and getting everything going right away. EM says they will hire about 800 folks to get it started and that is going to cost a lot.. If they paid each employee $17.00 an hour x 8 hours...$136 a day x 800 is over a $100,000 a day in payroll, have to sell a lot of elios to meet payroll. And that's not rent, etc..Full production at 1500 is over $200,000 a day in employee cost.
But the employees are x car assemblers and they will learn quickly.
I also wonder how many of the reservations will cancel in the $100 to $500 refundable category when the final options and prices are announced..with the delays and the costs going up? a lot of people joined up because of the advertised price of $6800 and have forgotten about the $750 delivery fee and the small dealer prep fee..which will add about a $1000 to the price with no options.
Hopefully, all the funding comes through, everybody gets an elio and down the road I get a bench or 3 seats..
Jeep in touch...remember, trust but verify and use common sense also..

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, can't help myself. Been fishing for trolls for a long time. They're kinda like Sunfish, can't hardly beat em off your hook some days.
I have a hard time restraining myself........but it just gives them a platform to run a string of negative posts that some people read again and again and start believing. Anti-Elio is Troll based posting.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saw a Pep Boys commercial. Looks like we Elio owners will get screwed again. They have a special on now. If you buy three tires, you get the fourth one free!!! No place to put a spare.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saw a Pep Boys commercial. Looks like we Elio owners will get screwed again. They have a special on now. If you buy three tires, you get the fourth one free!!! No place to put a spare.
I think we'll need to setup some kind of groupon thing where 4 people go in together to buy 3 sets with the 4th free and then split the cost and tires 4 ways.

Top Bottom