• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVYGvgsHZTqr8wZqjXe2gxNMFzDDExInt4-g3SCBhJ17gFBdtt9A.jpg
[Broken External Image]
FROM THIS ............................................................................TO THIS
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2iX9SSNgmiaZ-f1r1-pnVx5Tdv2fBuw54ji1DcegFpGGGgPaB.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCYzuTTb92srBY7_3dwenKBCKw60utxzfsocWouWSKI1YsgHlF.jpg

IT'S THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS. I CAN'T SLEEP. WAS GETTING SILVER, NOW GOING ALL BLACK.
Get one in every color. You know you won't ne satisfied any other way.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still 10, and I try to come here everyday and read about my Elio. If I were a 1, it would seem to me, visiting this place would be self punishment.
I was a 10, dropped to a 4, will up to a 5 with the P5 Build unveil. The 1's you mention may have hope and visit the site frequently hoping for good news. They hope it happens and may have all in reservations, but haven't seen much actual progress over the past 2 years, not even completed engineering specs.. Where ever we stand, it's degrees of hope, and with the 10's there is the faith factor.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a slight difference. EM does not have $300M to loose each year. http://www.bnn.ca/Stock.aspx?pi_symbol=TSLA.O
Elon Musk has SpaceX and a $10B NASA contract. The value of Tesla is based on Musk's track record and the future, not on Tesla's consistent losses.
Tesla Motor's IPO was June 10, 2010 and Tesla had been building cars since 2008. The IPO offering was at $17 a share. So, not a slight difference, but rather a big difference.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The difference I refer to is between EM and Tesla. Tesla has never made a profit, never paid a dividend and lost $300M in the last fiscal year. They can afford to loose $300M per year forever, based on income from their other businesses. Another difference one might be concerned with is EM/ESG have neither made a profit or done anything on the scale of Elon Musk. The price of Tesla Shares are not based on the value of the car, they are based on Elon Musk.
TSLA.JPG
The idea that one can compare the share price of Tesla with the value of shares of EM, which do not exist, is too big of a stretch of the imagination to comprehend. Lastly, it took 5.5 YEARS for Tesla shares to make a significant move, AFTER they built a car. I want an Elio as much as the next guy, but I do not let this cloud my thinking to the point of blindness. I have met many Paul Elio's in my lifetime and hung on to the coattails of a few. Enough of them took their vision to a product to have given us a comfortable life. My caution has made me miss many opportunities. In 1990 we took a $20K profit which would now be earning us $500K per annum, with a cash value of $13M, so my judgement is about as far from perfect as you can get. If I was a young person, I would throw 10% of my net worth at EM. The education alone will be worth it. The only way I know how to make money is to risk lots and loose less than you win. That is my form of education. At this point in my life and where EM is, I won't risk $1. Our Miata will have to do, until an Elio is available.

Motorola

Elio Fan
Reaction score
News of the P5 means absolutely nothing. That design should have been finalized a year ago. I believe the release was really nothing more than a, "The natives are restless, what do we do? Show 'em a pretty picture!" move. As such, it means that they've no other good news and they're not likely to have any anytime soon.

I'm down to a 1.

Still love the concept (that's the only reason I'm still around), but I've very little faith in Paul Elio's ability to pull this off.

Ditto

Top Bottom