• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Should be a no brainer deal but we have to wait and see plenty of time yet. For the Feds to create a new class of vehicle would make things a lot easier.
Common sense tells you the ELIO is not a motorcycle. It would be asking a lot for the out come to be one where ELIO keeps all of the advantages of being a motorcycle but treated as a car. Dreaming is not uncommon for future ELIO owners, we do a lot of it.

Reaction score
All in at $100, so I guess I'm not all in. I would say 5. They not only have to get to production, but sell enough cars right away to make some money. I'm just worried that this will be seen as a novelty and past the first 50,000 tree huggers, sales may drop off. I do hope not!

HI farmerdave !!! Glad to meet you. We have a great Elio Enthusiast OHIO Chapter. Keep an eye out for a meeting you can attend. Next one WILL be in your area, probably in late August.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On point for those who care.
Our Elio will be a daily driver, meant specifically to limit miles on older vehicles
that we don't really want to wear out. We ride our bikes a lot on the weekends
so that helps during the warm months. We're still very hopeful that our Elio will
be here next year and will stay the course until it does. ;)

Leo Shaw

Reaction score
MOTOR FINISHED AND RUNNING---With 10 being the point you thought this car was a go, when you first became interested, what is your number now? There have been a lot of changes over the last 12 months, all for the good of EM. If your not a 10 at this time, what will it take?

My # is 10
I'm a 10 being all in at $1000...........now I want to see my Elio in production...

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For some of us, it's no big deal, those of us who already have reliable transport this will be a 2nd vehicle or like in my case just another toy in the driveway. So the wait doesn't sting as much. I do feel for the people who really need it now, if you're driving a clunker or just need transport in general I can see this being more than frustrating. We are so used to being teased for some time (think an up coming movie), they announce a date and then deliver. We are not so accustomed to being given a date and have it pushed back time and time again. So we are a little spoiled where that is concerned. But unlike a movie, this is a big project and I understand setbacks and delays. I kinda expected this from the beginning (didn't expect a 3 year delay but....) At least now we can see some light at the end of the tunnel, where as before we couldn't even see the tunnel at all.

Just don't get hit by the train on your way through...

Top Bottom