• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am waiting for my Elio a long time. So, I want to figure out my options. I just found Electra Meccanica - SOLO website smallev.com. I think this is true that they would give me a $1,000 discount, because I have an Elio NR $1,000 reservation. The CEO just wrote this.
They don't specifically say "because you have an Elio reservation"; it says "some other vehicle, and there are a number of them"
Would they honor it? They are the only ones that can answer that question.
But $20K for a Solo? That's out of the range of my budget.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the website I find these.. "anticipated", not a locked down price... the delivery is also not actually set.
The do say delivery is to all 50 states, you probably have to get your own licensing, not too hard on an urban electric.

I would not hazard a guess as to how hard it would be to get replacement parts in the long-term.
They already have well in excess of 134 Alpha Solos reserved.
They have extended the Alpha program to 1000 units.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They don't specifically say "because you have an Elio reservation"; it says "some other vehicle, and there are a number of them"
Would they honor it? They are the only ones that can answer that question.
But $20K for a Solo? That's out of the range of my budget.
That's 20K Canadian.
Comes to about $15K USD @ the current exchange rates.
Add Federal and State EV incentives to that and it should be considerably lower.

Last edited:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is a great idea on their part. I am sure they would honor it since it is only up to $1,000 and likely attracting someone who was not already one of their reservation holders. As long as they have more than $1,000 of profit in the price, it is a win for them.

"The SOLO packs a punch and rockets from 0 to 60 miles an hour in 8 seconds." Rocket is a pretty loose term there. Or are Canadian rockets much slower than US rockets?

JohnSmithemail

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I watched a few video on the Electra Meccanica website. They had this thing on the race track. It looks fast in the video. I believe it is a rocket ;) I haven't seen an elio on the race track yet... Would be interesting to know if Elio or Solo is faster (better rocket).

JohnSmithemail

Elio Fan
Reaction score
This is what Electra Meccanica says on there website. This would apply to other manufactures as well. Even TESLA.

"If you’ve been sitting on a deposit for some other car that hasn’t yet arrived, and there are many of you in the United States, please email us a copy of your reservation today, and we’ll put you in line for a SOLO and honour your deposit as a discount for up to $1,000.00 It seems like both a fair and proper way to get people onto Team SOLO. Finance rates have been quoted to us as around $75 bi-weekly, which is amazing, especially if you consider that you’re not buying/burning gas anymore!

Who’s excited?!

Sincerely,

Jerry Kroll, CEO"

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They had the Solo up to 91.14mph on the track.
Before this thread becomes permanently derailed, be advised that we do have a thread on the Electra Meccanica Solo.
That said, I stand 100% committed on the Elio. There's nothing that says I can't own both.
I've sent an email to check on my potential Solo discount.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I screwed up and sent them duplicate copies of my initial $100 Elio all-in.
However, they emailed me back and said that I could send the $900 reservation upgrade receipt...
And they will put me in line for the Alpha series and give me $1000 off on the Solo.
Just so happens that the Solo air conditioning option is estimated to be $1000.

So...

John... copy/paste your posts over to the Electra Meccanica thread and continue this over there.
That's where I'll post my response about my Solo confirmation and all future responses about the Solo.
IMO, It's time to respectfully give this thread back to Craig and the Elio.

Just one last thought here...
Not only has Elio Motors saved me $2K+ as a locked-in early adopter...
And I'm making money on Elio stock...

Now they're going to save me $1K (with the generousity of Electra Meccanica) on the Solo.

Whoo-Hoo eh?

Last edited:
Top Bottom