• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not jumped in although I've been right on the edge numerous times. I just keep reading stuff that makes me wonder...

chance of actual production 4/10
chance of another time delay 9/10
chance of yet another t-shirt promotion 10/10

chances anyone on this site will actually own an Elio in 2015...maybe we should call Vegas to find out the odds.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you see that?
From an OLD YouTube video from the early 2013 tour. It was a comment about an EARLY 'deal' proposal from a Chinese 'businessman'. But he wanted a 'piece of the Elio Pie';....... Paul Elio said; "NO WAY"!

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not jumped in although I've been right on the edge numerous times. I just keep reading stuff that makes me wonder...

chances anyone on this site will actually own an Elio in 2015...maybe we should call Vegas to find out the odds.

This car really lacks the necessary funding. I don't want to lose my $100 but every delay is less and less encouraging. I want it to succeed all talk and no proven facts. No complete prototype, no crash test, no hired plant workers, no proven gas mileage, and no set date. It's going to take a small miracle if they want to be producing cars by summer 2015

From an OLD YouTube video from the early 2013 tour. It was a comment about an EARLY 'deal' proposal from a Chinese 'businessman'. But he wanted a 'piece of the Elio Pie';....... Paul Elio said; "NO WAY"!

The Chinese guy was set to order 125k Elios. At a $1000 reservation each, that's $125 million, over half the needed funding to start the company. Depends on what percentage of the company he wants but it might have been good to take the deal

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This car really lacks the necessary funding. I don't want to lose my $100 but every delay is less and less encouraging. I want it to succeed all talk and no proven facts. No complete prototype, no crash test, no hired plant workers, no proven gas mileage, and no set date. It's going to take a small miracle if they want to be producing cars by summer 2015

The Chinese guy was set to order 125k Elios. At a $1000 reservation each, that's $125 million, over half the needed funding to start the company. Depends on what percentage of the company he wants but it might have been good to take the deal
Knowing the Chinese 'business model'...... he would have wanted the right to build a factory in China..... and build them there. Something that did not go well with Paul Elio's...... Made in America...... plan.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Knowing the Chinese 'business model'...... he would have wanted the right to build a factory in China..... and build them there. Something that did not go well with Paul Elio's...... Made in America...... plan.
Yeah that's probably correct. I'm hoping he made the right choice. $100.00 isn't a lot of money but they seem low in funds. I have faith in the company but they still have a long way to go

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm all in, the only # I disagree with is chance of actual production. I put it at 6/10. If they don't get some mules on the road by June,...........I will revise that 6/10 (much lower)....

Not to hijack thread, but how many people here would still buy an Elio, if you could get an EV Ford Focus that cost $25k and had a range of 400 miles, if(I know, I know...if) it came out before Elio?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm all in, the only # I disagree with is chance of actual production. I put it at 6/10. If they don't get some mules on the road by June,...........I will revise that 6/10 (much lower)....

Not to hijack thread, but how many people here would still buy an Elio, if you could get an EV Ford Focus that cost $25k and had a range of 400 miles, if(I know, I know...if) it came out before Elio?
Not me! That would put me back to a no new car option. For that matter no replacement car option. Elio at $6800 has given me hope I didn't have before.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I get all most 500 miles on my 2002 Cav. and I only paid 14K out the door.

Top Bottom