• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes realize that people are used to seeing a car then test driving it before even considering buying it.. This is totally unconventional and remember Elio can change this prototype in any way they please at any time.. I was very reluctant to place money on this yet to be produced vehicle and still wonder if I made a wise choice..

Ray
2nd guessing ourselves just brings on the Alka-Seltzer........imagine the reaction when there
stuck in grid lock & an Elio comes tooling by in the HOV Lane.......................Yippy ky yea…!! :)

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2nd guessing ourselves just brings on the Alka-Seltzer........imagine the reaction when there
stuck in grid lock & an Elio comes tooling by in the HOV Lane.......................Yippy ky yea…!! :)
Always considered my deposit a gamble as there are no guarantees implied or otherwise stated..

Ray

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2agepana.jpg

Currently standing on line to see P4. :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM web site hits close to 1 mil visitors this year, only 15K+ reservations. I was hoping the conversation rate would be way higher. Not to concerned about not getting a car, just a little for the companies longevity. JMO
One of the benefits of using off the shelf is that if it goes under we can find parts for it

James Sparks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in at 10 and started at 10

All ln for $100.00 (budget restrictions)

Many good points here. Lots of people I would not like to be around the week before Christmas! Just sayin

I'm patient enough to see where this ride ends.

prunebush

Reaction score
I'm all in, the only # I disagree with is chance of actual production. I put it at 6/10. If they don't get some mules on the road by June,...........I will revise that 6/10 (much lower)....

Not to hijack thread, but how many people here would still buy an Elio, if you could get an EV Ford Focus that cost $25k and had a range of 400 miles, if(I know, I know...if) it came out before Elio?

YES on the Elio! Consider the argument laid out in the following Elio video:
Basically, it's this mathematical argument: What if somebody suddenly invented a magical perpetual motion car that required NO gas OR electricity? That would hypothetically change the world and be the biggest news story ever, RIGHT?
Well, further suppose that this car didn't even cost $50k or even $25k! Suppose you could buy this miracle car for the paltry sum of only $15k? HALLELUJAH, right?!?
But wait! Do the math! If you spent $15k on a magical car requiring NO fuel, you'd have to drive it about 150,000 miles before you'd BREAK EVEN on spending $6800 on the 84mpg Elio and using the difference in purchase price to buy gas for it. Yay math.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YES on the Elio! Consider the argument laid out in the following Elio video:
Basically, it's this mathematical argument: What if somebody suddenly invented a magical perpetual motion car that required NO gas OR electricity? That would hypothetically change the world and be the biggest news story ever, RIGHT?
Well, further suppose that this car didn't even cost $50k or even $25k! Suppose you could buy this miracle car for the paltry sum of only $15k? HALLELUJAH, right?!?
But wait! Do the math! If you spent $15k on a magical car requiring NO fuel, you'd have to drive it about 150,000 miles before you'd BREAK EVEN on spending $6800 on the 84mpg Elio and using the difference in purchase price to buy gas for it. Yay math.

Is that based on gas never going up? Is that based on zero % inflation? That $6800 is not a guarantee, but an estimated price. You do realize that right, price not etched in stone..Mr. Elio envisioned the car to have a $5400 price tag originally(remember that?) So your basing it on getting 84mpg every tank and gas never ever going up in price? 84mpg is also an estimate/goal, not a guarantee. Try it at 49mpg (and even that is an estimate, nothing proven yet) and and lets go with todays average price of gas in Los Angeles ($4.29). A vehicle like this would certainly qualify for some tax credit. I would rather be in a car (you said "car"), than an Elio. A car has much stricter requirements than the Elio(motorcycle rules). A car will be safer. A 5 Star rating is nothing, that test is insignificant. All the car manufactures shoot for a good rating in the IIHS tests. Thats why Elio does not mention the IIHS, they are going with the much easier government test....... Yeah do the math, factor in inflation, and what gas will cost in the next couple of years. Factor in a pipe line breaking or a refinery down for "repairs." btw 2 stations in the Los Angeles area had gas at $5.19 a gallon..So $15k or $7k for Elio and than pay for gas, oil changes(every 3k miles), and buy gas for the life of Elio, $4 a gallon today, I'm sure gas will never go up(sarcasm) during that journey to where it will equal the cost of that $15k car.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that based on gas never going up? Is that based on zero % inflation? That $6800 is not a guarantee, but an estimated price. You do realize that right, price not etched in stone..Mr. Elio envisioned the car to have a $5400 price tag originally(remember that?) So your basing it on getting 84mpg every tank and gas never ever going up in price? 84mpg is also an estimate/goal, not a guarantee. Try it at 49mpg (and even that is an estimate, nothing proven yet) and and lets go with todays average price of gas in Los Angeles ($4.29). A vehicle like this would certainly qualify for some tax credit. I would rather be in a car (you said "car"), than an Elio. A car has much stricter requirements than the Elio(motorcycle rules). A car will be safer. A 5 Star rating is nothing, that test is insignificant. All the car manufactures shoot for a good rating in the IIHS tests. Thats why Elio does not mention the IIHS, they are going with the much easier government test....... Yeah do the math, factor in inflation, and what gas will cost in the next couple of years. Factor in a pipe line breaking or a refinery down for "repairs."
Holy Crap! Thanks for that report. I am definitely requesting my reservation refund tomorrow based on the IIHS 5 star safety scam, your estimated 49 mpg, and projected higher gas prices. I am going all in electric.

Top Bottom