• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, let's put it this way. The semi-public showing is Feb 6. I imagine I'll be putting money down on Feb 7.

as others have mentioned, I suspect that you will have plenty of company .... I'm looking forward to seeing the next release of reservation numbers

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as others have mentioned, I suspect that you will have plenty of company .... I'm looking forward to seeing the next release of reservation numbers
The Elio snowball has just rolled from a 30 on to a 60 degree down hill slope and once the first one hits the streets there will be no stopping it. JMO

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Perhaps those that said they we "All In"....what it means to me is my money "All In" should match my positive attitude and even during the delays...I've made up my mind to be a TRUE "All In".....NOT a "All In" type when a slow down in bringing forth this autocycle, I'm going to bad mouth Paul Elio,Engineers,etc. and show how much I lied about being "All In" ! T

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps those that said they we "All In"....what it means to me is my money "All In" should match my positive attitude and even during the delays...I've made up my mind to be a TRUE "All In".....NOT a "All In" type when a slow down in bringing forth this autocycle, I'm going to bad mouth Paul Elio,Engineers,etc. and show how much I lied about being "All In" ! T

Alas, as you well know the "all in" nomenclature is from Elio's own reservation system. It merely means that someone has made a non-refundable deposit.

I'm "all-in" as per Elio's own terminology.

Mentally, however.... I went "all in" a year ago expecting Elio to be in production in a year. Here we are a year later and production is actually further out than it was when I paid my money? Uh.... Delays are one thing, but Elio seems to be caught in the death spiral of "every 90 days the schedule slides 3 months."

Suffice to say that I've spent this weekend researching what new motorcycle I plan on buying with the money I would have spent on my Elio. I'll keep my ear to the ground and if it really looks like Elio is going into production I'll hold off on the bike, but if Elio isn't crash testing prototypes or hiring factory workers or doing something else that makes production seem immanent by this fall (when I'll be buying the bike), I'll walk away from my deposit.

As for where we stand now....I like the "odds of various events" type thing that Texconsin used. I'll add mine....

Production in 2015: 0/10
Production in 2016: 3/10
Production in 2017: 2/10
Production never: 5/10

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there is a 2015 report of sold equipment, loan approval, and any additional investor dollars needed to total the $240 Million required for production then I'll go with 2016 as a possible production date. Show me the money and you will have bought back my confidence. I am still a solid supporter of the Elio concept. Don't they have to meet the 2016 deadline to maintain their current extended lease on the plant?

My current stand is reflected by my new avatar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom