• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wishing everyone luck.. I now have my new factory ordered Subaru Legacy.. So far I like it..

Attachments

• IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 224

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wish you all the best, low key company that produces safe, functional autos
Thanks actually this car is loaded with technology especially with the EyeSight system.. Can control many things with voice commands plus standard bluetooth and backup camera.. Gets easy 30MPG average which is good for a 3500 lb. mid-size AWD car with CVT..

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wife felt Elio would be a death trap and in some ways it could be.. Really wanted an AWD drive and like it so far.. Gives a decent ride too.. Adaptive cruise control is really cool!

well understood on the wife's concerns .... the reality is any vehicle can be a deathtrap, some more so than others .... I've never owned a Subaru, have several friends who do and they seem to be happy with them

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that our daughter recently purchased a 2016 Camaro .... one of my concerns in any vehicle for my daughter is its safety rating .... in years past, my wife has owned 2 Camaros, both were totaled (one literally destroyed) and both protected the occupants from serious injury .... the one our daughter bought has a 5 star safety ratings in front and side collisions along with in rollover .... I believe that Paul was wise from day one to have high safety as one of his must haves .... seeing the pictures of the welded frame on the P5 is reassuring

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that our daughter recently purchased a 2016 Camaro .... one of my concerns in any vehicle for my daughter is its safety rating .... in years past, my wife has owned 2 Camaros, both were totaled (one literally destroyed) and both protected the occupants from serious injury .... the one our daughter bought has a 5 star safety ratings in front and side collisions along with in rollover .... I believe that Paul was wise from day one to have high safety as one of his must haves .... seeing the pictures of the welded frame on the P5 is reassuring
http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/legacy/safety.html

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/subaru/legacy-4-door-sedan/2015

Last edited:

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I had an ex wife that was T-boned in my 2002 Ford Ranger regular cab short bed by a early 70's full size station wagon on the driver's side. According to the accident investigators the car was traveling at about 45 mph at time of impact. It hit the little Ranger hard enough to rotate it 360 degrees through the air, before landing and bouncing onto it's driver side. The station drove under the Ranger as the Ranger rotated in the air. My ex passed out and was rushed to the hospital. The only thing she had was a bump on her head and a few scratches and bruises. She got knocked out when her head hit the driver side window. That was the worst injury. No concussion

I think most modern cars are pretty safe with very few exceptions if any. I'm sure the Elio will be just as safe as most any modern vehicle on the rode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom