• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had an ex wife that was T-boned in my 2002 Ford Ranger regular cab short bed by a early 70's full size station wagon on the driver's side. According to the accident investigators the car was traveling at about 45 mph at time of impact. It hit the little Ranger hard enough to rotate it 360 degrees through the air, before landing and bouncing onto it's driver side. The station drove under the Ranger as the Ranger rotated in the air. My ex passed out and was rushed to the hospital. The only thing she had was a bump on her head and a few scratches and bruises. She got knocked out when her head hit the windshield. That was the worst injury. No concussion

I think most modern cars are pretty safe with very few exceptions if any. I'm sure the Elio will be just as safe as most any modern vehicle on the rode.
...........for it's vehicle classification.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM reps took a big beating the last time time a delay was announced. I can't imagine they are looking forward to all the heat this time.
I think everyone who still wants one, will get one. But the charm of the moment, probably will have lost some edge.
I certainly think, you shouldn't wait if you need a car this year.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thats pretty good no passenger intrusion
api-rating-image.ashx?id=3333&width=800.jpg

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thats pretty good no passenger intrusion
api-rating-image.ashx?id=3333&width=800.jpg
Yes very impressive safety.. Many airbags in a Subaru plus engine tends to go under car in head on and not into passenger compartment.. While the Elio is safer than a motorcycle there is no way it's nearly as safe as a Subaru.. Not to mention the Legacy weighs 3,500.00 lbs.. That link I posted is very convincing at least for me.. This fill up I managed over 30 mpg average and went almost 600 miles with 1.5 gallon left.. Not bad for an AWD car in my opinion.. Hate to admit this but I think my wife was right.. Think I am much safer in the Legacy :) Let's hope I never find out ;)

Ray

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cage should act the same as a smart car. The crumple zone is bigger than a Subaru. Plus after a certain speed nothing really matters, your eyeballs will be plastered on the inside of the windshield.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cage should act the same as a smart car. The crumple zone is bigger than a Subaru. Plus after a certain speed nothing really matters, your eyeballs will be plastered on the inside of the windshield.

I think I'll take my chances in the Subaru..

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking the person buying that Subaru is not same person buying an Elio.
Probably the person buying that Subaru owns a salvage yard. :rolleyes:

Subaru owners (other than WRX and possibly BRZ owners) have a reputation, deserved or not, for being liberal, environmentalists, and safety-conscious. Perhaps a percentage of prospective Elio owners self-identify the same way. WRX & BRZ drivers probably would be interested in the Elio more for its sporty or adventuresome characteristics.

Top Bottom