• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought a Subaru SVX, because I like constantly working on a 20+ year old vehicle that it's nearly impossible to find parts for. [I must be :crazy:]

Okay...it is a blast to drive until the next oldest part breaks and puts it back on the jack stands.:cool:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought a Subaru SVX, because I like constantly working on a 20+ year old vehicle that it's nearly impossible to find parts for. [I must be :crazy:]

Okay...it is a blast to drive until the next oldest part breaks and puts it back on the jack stands.:cool:
I have eight cars and the newest one is a 1972.
You forgot to mention the delight of making the same repair multiple times because of the low quality new parts.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have eight cars and the newest one is a 1972.
You forgot to mention the delight of making the same repair multiple times because of the low quality new parts.
Your experience with low quality 'off the shelf parts' isn't a good sign for a future vehicle made with off the shelf parts.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your experience with low quality 'off the shelf parts' isn't a good sign for a future vehicle made with off the shelf parts.

My tolerance for the quality of a part (OEM [expensive] VS aftermarket [cheaper]) is directly related to the ease of replacement.
Example: Ford F-250 diesel air pump (for power brakes).

OEM = $430
Autozone [w/lifetime warranty] = $110

Loosen the belt, remove three bolts, remove air line - install in reverse order. 20 min. job.

First pump lasted almost 2 years. Took it back, got another one for free. Present one is a little over the 2 year mark. Watching it like a hawk, but no issue so far...It'll probably go out on the way home from work just because I said that.

...But I hear you, Rickb. My hope is that the majority of the "Made in the USA" parts that the Elio is supposed to be made up of have a higher level of quality than the cheap clone parts from overseas.

Top Bottom