• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Will An Elio Take You?

Gregw

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A lot of the small towns in the Midwest have free campgrounds. They expect you to buy some groceries and/or gas and I was always willing to do so.
When you get ready to go on your trip let me know and I can steer you to some nice camping places between here and North Dakota and some of them will be free. Hell, for that matter you can camp in my back yard if that works. The Omaha area looks to be on your way. You have to come driving up in an Elio, of course ;-). Larry
There is also this site; Most free campsites don't have shower facilities, but every other day free saves a lot of money and adds to the adventure. https://freecampsites.net/#!(36.28819, -104.2895)

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mostly for commuting to work (56 miles round trip). And an occasional weekend trip. Will have to see how short trips with two of us in it work, before planning long trips.

TStriker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi Gregw
I have an identical ideas and destinations as your's in my mind ever since I sent in $1k for my Elio back in January of 2014. I can't wait till the day I go pick up my Elio.
Thanks for sharing your adventure ride ideas.

Rambler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm retired, so no more commute...but when I have to drive 10 miles to pick up a part for a broken sprinkler pipe, I won't have to go in the big F-350 anymore...a gallon and a half of diesel down the hatch for a 50 cent part it ludicrous.

Beyond that, I'm hoping to take her on long rides thru the countryside like a buddy of mine does with his Harley, and I love the idea of a 4-7 day road trip. I'm getting too old to camp in a tent/on the ground, so I might have to do some motel 6/Comfort Inn stops...usually we take the RV. Would love it if DW went with me on some of those trips, but would ALSO love it if she just said "too cramped in that back seat...go by yourself" sometimes. I used to travel for work about 50-70% of the time...retired early so I wouldn't have to be away from home so much, but finding that some time away once in a while might actually be a good thing.

gd761

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Back and forth to and from Work and Elsewhere.

Work Only has always been between 100 to 120 Miles a day. 500 to 600 Miles a Week.

Then Wherever Else I would decide to go Whenever. Which could add from 2 Miles a Day to another 100 Miles a Week.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back and forth to and from Work and Elsewhere.

Work Only has always been between 100 to 120 Miles a day. 500 to 600 Miles a Week.

Then Wherever Else I would decide to go Whenever. Which could add from 2 Miles a Day to another 100 Miles a Week.

Pretty good haul! I'm 84 miles round trip to and from work. Ever sit down and figure out your hypothetical gas savings per year? Should be significant!

Top Bottom