• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is The Stock Price Dropping?

Elias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Six dollars and share with the price it was expected to be but it was not made available at that price until after the start engine campaign ended when it could have easily be offered as a stock, it was pegged at $12. They did that to offset the cost of doing business through start engine, which was 100 bucks per transaction as I recall regardless of the number of shares involved. Since they had already set the minimum shareholding at 50, $300 would have made it an extremely expensive way to do business.

F.Y.I. The $6/share was only made available to 506C investors which were collateralized investments. Reg A+ at $12/share for anyone else prior to going public, and opening at $14/share.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Potential adverse ruling from NHTSA, no decision yet on ATVM loan, very negative financial media news...check Seeking Alpha and Forbes articles, Tesla sucking all the media attention with Model 3, potential dilution of Elio stock, extreme speculation due to lack of shares followed by fear on the part of us crowdfunders, constant delays in start of production, potholes, etc, etc, etc...
And yet another reason why the ATVM loan is taking so long (excerpted from E&E News, April 21, 2016):
APPROPRIATIONS:
WOTUS, auto loan riders fall short in Senate

Geof Koss, Tiffany Stecker E&E reporter

Published: Thursday, April 21, 2016
The Senate today rejected a pair of controversial amendments to the $37.5 billion fiscal 2017 energy-water development spending bill, as debate on the measure rolls toward a finish next week.

The Senate voted 56-42 for an amendment by Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) that would have blocked funding for the Obama administration's Clean Water Rule, also called the Waters of the U.S. rule, but it was not enough to attach it to the spending bill. Sixty votes were needed for adoption.

budget_2017_logo.jpg
The Fiscal 2017 Budget & Appropriations Report is a one-stop resource for tracking the fiscal 2017 spending process for environmental and energy accounts. Click here to view the report.

The rule, currently on hold and challenged in federal court, seeks to clarify which wetlands and waterways receive federal protections under the Clean Water Act. Hoeven's provision would have prevented implementation of the U.S. EPA-Army Corps of Engineers final rule through the end of the next fiscal year.

Republicans, echoing concerns of farmers, homebuilders and other industry opponents of the rule, say the regulation infringes on state and private property rights.

"This rule will greatly expand the scope of EPA regulations across the U.S.," said Hoeven, a staunch opponent of the rule. Hoeven has attached his provision in past spending bills and has said he would seek to do the same for the Interior-EPA fiscal 2017 appropriations.

Energy and Water Development Appropriations Subcommittee ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) urged lawmakers to vote against the amendment, saying its passage could sink the entire energy and water spending bill. The president has vowed to veto the bill if it contains the WOTUS provisions.

Advertisement

"Right now we have the best opportunity in seven years to pass this bill as a stand-alone piece of legislation," she said before the vote.

Senators also turned back an amendment by Sens. Dan Coats (R-Ind.), Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) and Deb Fischer (R-Neb.) that would have barred funds for the Energy Department's Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing loan program. The vote was 48-49; 60 votes were required.

Toomey took to the floor this morning to argue for the amendment. "What this is is a program that forces taxpayers to lend money to specially preferred, very affluent generally and well-connected businesses," he said.

The ATVM has been at the heart of negotiations between Michigan Democrats and GOP senators as a way to pay for an aid package to Flint, Mich.

Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) later took to the floor to defend the program, noting that the Coats amendment would undercut the "carefully crafted" compromise to pay for the Flint aid.

This afternoon the Senate will vote on an amendment offered by Sens. Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) that would provide $8.5 million for tribal energy loan guarantees. It will be the last vote of the week, Energy and Water Development Appropriations Subcommittee Chairman Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) announced.

Meanwhile, Heritage Action for America today announced it will "key vote" the energy-water bill, saying the bill costs too much, funds "bad programs, and doesn't include conservative riders."

The alert criticizes GOP leaders for not including Hoeven's WOTUS rider in the base bill. "That is unfortunate, especially since defunding the rule is supposedly an important priority for the Senate Republican majority," it states.

It also decries other proposed riders that were left out, including one targeting the administration's National Ocean Policy and provisions to allow California to divert water to farmers and communities suffering from drought.

Lawmakers continue to file amendments to the bill ahead of the 1 p.m. deadline proposed by Alexander.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) has filed a series of amendments targeting key DOE programs, including electricity delivery and reliability, efficiency and renewables, fossil energy research, and funding for the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy -- which senators overwhelmingly supported handing more funds to yesterday (E&E Daily, April 21)...

So they could be holding up the ATVM loan because it's tied to legal wrangling over the Waters of the US and the Flint, Michigan lead poisoning crisis???!!! If these negotiations pan out, they could be defunding the ATVM loan program substantially to pay for drinking water lead mitigation in Flint!:mad: It's a worthy cause, but why take it out of the ATVM fund????

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And yet another reason why the ATVM loan is taking so long (excerpted from E&E News, April 21, 2016):

So they could be holding up the ATVM loan because it's tied to legal wrangling over the Waters of the US and the Flint, Michigan lead poisoning crisis???!!! If these negotiations pan out, they could be defunding the ATVM loan program substantially to pay for drinking water lead mitigation in Flint!:mad: It's a worthy cause, but why take it out of the ATVM fund????

Just because both are under scrutiny, it doesn't mean they are connected. All legislation results from a cost - benefit analysis with different sides having different ideas on both costs and benefits.

I see nothing in the article that connects them other than that both are under scrutiny and uninformed speculation that one might influence the other. I hate it when reporting and speculation are mixed.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just because both are under scrutiny, it doesn't mean they are connected. All legislation results from a cost - benefit analysis with different sides having different ideas on both costs and benefits.

I see nothing in the article that connects them other than that both are under scrutiny and uninformed speculation that one might influence the other. I hate it when reporting and speculation are mixed.
Thank you :)

common-sense.jpg

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Great Question? Reality & Other Peoples Money.
Relax,
Speech Class April 69, Cleveland Heights High, Ohio.

Anyone else have a Selected Service Number?
Elio, Paul is Making it Happen.
I worked in aerospace,MIS/IT 86-95, we went from Cost Plus Procurement to Lowest Bid, plants shut, equipment sold, pennies on the dollar to China.
These first 100 will light the fuse for Elio,
Nothing will change (right!) we will still have 3rd rate roadways, older forms of transportation.
We both watch the world changing, my daughters help me to keep my sanity.
Elio is a long term bet, because AMERICA can produce.
Put $1000 on a Trike, $1000 in a belief.
I'm 65, I would love to see it happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Great Question? Reality & Other Peoples Money.
Relax,
Speech Class April 69, Cleveland Heights High, Ohio.

Anyone else have a Selected Service Number?
Elio, Paul is Making it Happen.
I worked in aerospace,MIS/IT 86-95, we went from Cost Plus Procurement to Lowest Bid, plants shut, equipment sold, pennies on the dollar to China.
These first 100 will light the fuse for Elio,
Nothing will change (right!) we will still have 3rd rate roadways, older forms of transportation.
We both watch the world changing, my daughters help me to keep my sanity.
Elio is a long term bet, because AMERICA can produce.
Put $1000 on a Trike, $1000 in a belief.
I'm 65, I would love to see it happen.

I'm with you. It will happen in your lifetime...................................

Jim G

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have no idea whether the author is credible or not, but I didn't perceive the writing to be speculative at all. The author simply reported (alleged) facts as I read the piece:

//Senators also turned back an amendment by Sens. Dan Coats (R-Ind.), Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) and Deb Fischer (R-Neb.) that would have barred funds for the Energy Department's Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing loan program. The vote was 48-49; 60 votes were required.

Toomey took to the floor this morning to argue for the amendment. "What this is is a program compromise that forces taxpayers to lend money to specially preferred, very affluent generally and well-connected businesses," he said.

The ATVM has been at the heart of negotiations between Michigan Democrats and GOP senators as a way to pay for an aid package to Flint, Mich.

Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) later took to the floor to defend the program, noting that the Coats amendment would undercut the "carefully crafted" compromise to pay for the Flint aid.//

The good news is that this effort was defeated. The further good news is that at least one MI Senator believes that a "'carefully crafted' compromise to pay for the Flint aid" is already in place... one that doesn't involve raiding the ATVM program to fund.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio5-03.jpg

Top Bottom