• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why The Prototypes Have To Wait On The Engine

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agree on the paying up front .... logical on meeting goals .... is holding a demonstration within the scope of meeting a developmental goal .... what are the odds of a date for such a demonstration being in the contract .... is it possible that with IAV having other major clients that a provision in the contract may have set a hierarchy for use of resources .... I openly admit I don't know the answers so I don't feel comfortable speculating on them .... specially, in not in representing such speculation as being fact
Clearly if IVA had more important customers to deal with or any other reason for the start up not to happen. The best course of action would have been to come right out and say so. The issue of missing a goal is still there but creditability is still intact .
One thing to say the dog eat the home work another to bring police report that says house burnt down. Some excuse at least CYA.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought the EP5's were engineering prototypes. I heard Jerome say that the first of the EP5's would be used for tooling the production line and the following builds would be used for ride and drive events and testing, but much has changed since that statement. Time will tell.
Jerome stated there is talk about the P5 but there was no plan for one. The "E" designation must have came from the chatter on the web. Jerome said that Elio has not said anything about a P5 version. There are minor tweaks but the P4 model designation is it. When I talk to Jerome again I can clarify it further to see if there has been a change.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="wheaters, post: 87910, member: Snipped: It would be a huge shame if Elio don't check the UK regulations and see what can be done about ensuring compliance.[/QUOTE]

Given that a number of USA OEM Autos have been & continue to be
built in Briton for the British & European markets. The 'requirements'
should be quite familiar to engineers in that community. Since Paul
Elio is an auto engineer he should have nodding familiarity with overseas
regulatory issues. Certainly before marketing & selling off shore, issues such
as 'light placement', etc. will have been dealt with...........if for no other reason
then a "Permit to Sell" won't be issued otherwise.............:)

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerome stated there is talk about the P5 but there was no plan for one. The "E" designation must have came from the chatter on the web. Jerome said that Elio has not said anything about a P5 version. There are minor tweaks but the P4 model designation is it. When I talk to Jerome again I can clarify it further to see if there has been a change.

it would be great if you can find out how they plan to generate the additional head room in the rear seat

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
lower the rear seat 2"- Jerome in Jacksonville

I'd heard that but then someone observed that doing so might be complicated by raising the exhaust system .... I was wondering if lowering the seat was still they way they were going to go .... also how lowering the seat will affect the knees to the floor distance and what (if any) impact on being able to sit as in a chair or as in a recliner

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="wheaters, post: 87910, member: Snipped: It would be a huge shame if Elio don't check the UK regulations and see what can be done about ensuring compliance.

Given that a number of USA OEM Autos have been & continue to be
built in Briton for the British & European markets. The 'requirements'
should be quite familiar to engineers in that community. Since Paul
Elio is an auto engineer he should have nodding familiarity with overseas
regularity issues. Certainly before marketing & selling off shore, issues such
as 'light placement', etc. will have been dealt with...........if for no other reason
then a "Permit to Sell" won't be issued otherwise.............:)

[/QUOTE]

Let's hope so because they appear not to have incorporated compliance after the design changes with the P4, which was my original point. The P3 would have done so.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When dealing with a company whose other clients include the Volkswagen Group, BMW, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Fiat, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Porsche and Toyota, and Volkswagen Group is a 50% owner, you are most definitely not "driving the bus". You are a very small fish in a very big pond.
I respectfully disagree. I know exactly who IAV's clients are, but a Company like IAV or any successful company, treats all clients with the same amount of respect. In my opinion when in business the client drives the bus and IAV wouldn't cast blame onto the client if IAV was responsible for any delay.

I heard the engine development cost was in the millions and if EM paid upfront due respect please. If EM is making late payments while waiting on funding and can't pay their bills not so much.

Top Bottom