• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wikipedia And Elio

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With it well known that the elio will be at the NY auto show, auto journalist are probably already preparing the outlines of their articles. With the elio by far being the most interesting vehicle there, it will be written about very much. Today, a common source of information for people is Wikipedia. While not authoritative, it has achieved a high level of confidence in people and is relied upon heavily. I am sure the auto journalist will be consulting it.

Wikipedia needs to be updated immediately. It has a non-flattering picture of the P3. It should have a picture of the P4 and a good one at that. People are influenced very much by pictures. Reference to the first start event should be removed. It is stated that $230 million dollars is needed which is inaccurate and a more accurate breakdown would be good showing they don’t need that much.

I believe it would be good to state that Elio Motors at one time had secured all the money they needed but lost it due to a delay resulting from the lawsuit of the Caddo parish commissioner against the commission of which she was a member. The lawsuit was not directed at EM and this should be stated. If this information is accurate, it should be included. The fact that EM had all the funding secured at one time shows EM is a competent company that can get things done and others having faith in it.

The auto journalist are just the tip of the iceberg. Think how many people will look up elio in Wikipedia after the NY auto show.

These are some of my thoughts, but the main thing is that Wikipedia needs to be updated soon.

Goofyone, you write well. Are you interested? I can’t think of anyone better.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Rather than someone from here doing the update, I think it should be done by someone on the Corporate Marketing department.
This way no single (or multiple owners) would catch flack over the entry if it included something they didn't want published IMHO.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rather than someone from here doing the update, I think it should be done by someone on the Corporate Marketing department.
Except, that practice is strongly discouraged by Wikipedia as it's a clear conflict of interest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:COI
This way no single (or multiple owners) would catch flack over the entry if it included something they didn't want published IMHO.
There is no easy way to link an editor to an entry in Wikipedia unless said editor used their own name to create an account there. Even with a court order. Wikipedia has a powerful vested interest in fighting any such order for contributed content that is not illegal. Real names are not required anyway. So it's completely a non-issue.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tomorrow the NY auto show starts. Wikipedia says EM has missed their deadline for the Shreveport plant but an extension might be possible. It also says $230 million more is needed and shows only one picture which is of the P3. This is the information people will get.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tomorrow the NY auto show starts. Wikipedia says EM has missed their deadline for the Shreveport plant but an extension might be possible. It also says $230 million more is needed and shows only one picture which is of the P3. This is the information people will get.
So change it. Hit the button that says "Edit" and fix it. We're not going to do your work for you! :)

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always been interested in updating Wikipedia, since I use it often. So I made an account and made a small change - the reservation totals. Since I just joined, it would not allow me to upload a pic. I have to be a verified user (says it takes 4-5 days and several small edits to get verified).

Added a little bit about the engine as well

Last edited:
Top Bottom