• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will It Happen

jjtjr

Elio Fan
Reaction score
i'm still waiting for something to happen because I'm getting tried of waiting. Hearing everyone talk about color, options, productions numbers or t shirts is missing the point because it doesn't matter if there are no cars made. in the past a car company had to product 50 cars to be called a car company. Why hasn't Eilo taken this first step. If you look at the history of car companies there have been many so called car companies that only made from 1 to less then 10 cars and called themselves car makers , that were looking for financial backing and went bust after a year or two. They all had the dream of producing the best design but that never happened. Is this the case with Eilo I hate to think so. If they can produce 3 then they can make 50 this would reassure the public they were a real car company. The cost may be higher then projected ,but that's ok because we all know that the more you produce the lower the cost will be. Let's hear from Eilo why this hasn't happened.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
go to the trouble of doing some research and reading on this forum and you will answer you own question .... what we can say based on following the project for a good while, they are moving toward production .... anything more specific will have to come from EM .... they have the info, we don't

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i'm still waiting for something to happen because I'm getting tried of waiting. Hearing everyone talk about color, options, productions numbers or t shirts is missing the point because it doesn't matter if there are no cars made. in the past a car company had to product 50 cars to be called a car company. Why hasn't Eilo taken this first step. If you look at the history of car companies there have been many so called car companies that only made from 1 to less then 10 cars and called themselves car makers , that were looking for financial backing and went bust after a year or two. They all had the dream of producing the best design but that never happened. Is this the case with Eilo I hate to think so. If they can produce 3 then they can make 50 this would reassure the public they were a real car company. The cost may be higher then projected ,but that's ok because we all know that the more you produce the lower the cost will be. Let's hear from Eilo why this hasn't happened.
Does it count if they build 50 but destroy 25? ;)

jjtjr

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The three big car companies build a few concept cars but they never go into production. Will this be the case with Eilo

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I share your frustration, but in my mind what I have seen is not a 'concept car' in the classic sense. Concepts are never meant to go into production 'as-is', they incorporate ideas that could be put into production in the future. Elio, to me, has produced an actual 'car', meant to go into production essentially 'as-is', with some minor tweaking I suppose. But yes, development information comes far too infrequently, and it would be beneficial for EM to give us more frequent reports, even if they are only about 'little things'.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been waiting: 844 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 47 seconds
but not complaining, did you put money down or are you just waiting for production to start?

Top Bottom