• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Other Drivers See Us?

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I probably will install some type of reflector on the back of my fenders. I think it maybe sort of a safety issue ,especially on a black Elio ,where a car passing may not fully see your front wheel. I think they could all use it no matter what color though.

Amen, the first thing I will add probably before I drive it home.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the car passing your Elio not staying in their own lane.........or cutting you off for some odd reason? If reflectors and or fender lights were needed from a safety perspective my guess is EM would have incorporated them into the final design. I don't think you will find those front fenders stick out as far as you envision.

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the car passing your Elio not staying in their own lane.........or cutting you off for some odd reason? If reflectors and or fender lights were needed from a safety perspective my guess is EM would have incorporated them into the final design. I don't think you will find those front fenders stick out as far as you envision.
At night ,on a dark road a car, no a motorcycle passing you may not see your fender till it's to late. I can see it happening ,but then if you can think of it , it can happen.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At night ,on a dark road a car, no a motorcycle passing you may not see your fender till it's to late. I can see it happening ,but then if you can think of it , it can happen.
That is certainly a huge concern.

Also concerned about that inevitable FIRST fatal crash. Surely law suits will follow, the whole thing will turn nasty, and how will vehicle liability affect Elio Motors and the future of a young company?

Something to think about.

Top Bottom