• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wood Paneling?

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone thinking about getting the wood paneling for the interior? I clicked around a bunch in the Configurator, and I can seem to see a scheme where that wood paneling looks good. It makes me think of a old Chevy Caprice station wagon with the wood paneling on the side.

I'm thinking of standard black or carbon fiber on mine.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am torn between the color matched and CF too, it will depend on how the CF looks and if it is real CF with depth or a vinyl print. And some vinyl print CF does look pretty good like the 3M DI-NOC stuff, so I will just need to see it in the marshaling center. Or in really good pictures from you reservation holders :)

At this point I am resolved to just getting a second year (or late first year if possible) and putting my money into the stock. I figure I will get a much better return that just 50% from the stock.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it was legit wood, I might consider it. But it's probably gonna be nothing more than plastic made to look like wood. So no thanks.

Right now I'm going between regular black (to save a little money), color match (to match the outside and make the inside look cool), and brushed steel (to match the dash and because it looks badass).

About the color matched panels, I'm worried I might get sick of it. Orange, Green, and Blue are the three colors I'm deciding between, and I imagine any of those three would get old quick on the inside.

Black would be nice and simple, but it's a little boring.

The brushed steel is probably my #1 choice right now. It seems like the least boring and one that would take the longest to get sick of. But just like the outside, I'm guessing this is gonna come down to me seeing it in person before I finally make up my mind.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If it was legit wood, I might consider it. But it's probably gonna be nothing more than plastic made to look like wood. So no thanks.

Right now I'm going between regular black (to save a little money), color match (to match the outside and make the inside look cool), and brushed steel (to match the dash and because it looks badass).

About the color matched panels, I'm worried I might get sick of it. Orange, Green, and Blue are the three colors I'm deciding between, and I imagine any other those three would get old quick on the inside.

The brushed steel is probably my #1 choice right now. It seems like the least boring and one that would take the longest to get sick of. But just like the outside, I'm guessing this is gonna come down to me seeing it in person before I finally make up my mind.
In EM's old accessory area, they showed "custom interior panels". I wonder if they plan on selling them over the counter?
If that's the case, you could have a spare set (or 3) and have each covered in something different.
This is one of the 4 items I planned on making a couple of years ago; covering them would not be that difficult for anyone that knows upholstery.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In EM's old accessory area, they showed "custom interior panels". I wonder if they plan on selling them over the counter?
If that's the case, you could have a spare set (or 3) and have each covered in something different.
This is one of the 4 items I planned on making a couple of years ago; covering them would not be that difficult for anyone that knows upholstery.

That would be nice. I also wonder if they'll let us mix colors? Like say we have a green exterior but want blue interior panels, we should be able to.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Also, assuming they will be shiny, black is really hard to keep looking clean. I have shiny piano black dash trim in my Miata and previously in my MINI and I had to keep a microfiber cloth in the glove compartment for dusting them since it drove me nuts to have them always show dust. My wife's car has dark gray shiny trim which I could smear a milkshake on and it would still look clean, LOL.

Top Bottom