• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Would You Pay For Color Samples?

What would you pay for a 3"x3" sample of actual body material painted just as if it were part of an

• $0.00 Not worth it

• $0.01 - $9.99

• $10.00 -$19.99

• $20.00 -$29.99

• $39.00 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Suppose Elio offered a package of color samples using the same material that makes up a body panel and the same paint that they plan to use on the production line. A 3"x3" piece so you can see the color directly with your owns eyes what the final color will actually look like.

What would a reasonable cost be to you?

The thought occurred to me because the recent pic of the front clip in creamsickle looked to be very different from other pics of that color I've seen. And since online pics are such a poor indication of what the final product would be I though let's get actual "swatches" of the color choices.

I have no idea what it would cost to produce something like this. It'd likely be a flat piece made of the same body panel material, painted and then cut to the 3"x3" piece to make it easy to ship. But I just thought it might have to be cut then painted. Maybe somebody who has worked in similar industries could weigh on what something like this would cost. My end product idea would be a small box delivered through the mail, with each color that is gonna be offered. Shouldn't weigh much at all so shipping costs would be negligible.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
I might pay a couple bucks for one. Certainly not more than $20. There are several other all-in people that live in a decently close radius, so i suppose we could all share a set.

I figured I would eventually see the final colors at one of those pre-purchase test drives that were rumored to be planned for all-in reservationists prior to making their final choices.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
great idea!!! I too would buy for $21.00 ( $3.00 for each color) figure $4 shipping $25.00 good to go!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Suppose Elio offered a package of color samples using the same material that makes up a body panel and the same paint that they plan to use on the production line. A 3"x3" piece so you can see the color directly with your owns eyes what the final color will actually look like.

What would a reasonable cost be to you?

The thought occurred to me because the recent pic of the front clip in creamsickle looked to be very different from other pics of that color I've seen. And since online pics are such a poor indication of what the final product would be I though let's get actual "swatches" of the color choices.

I have no idea what it would cost to produce something like this. It'd likely be a flat piece made of the same body panel material, painted and then cut to the 3"x3" piece to make it easy to ship. But I just thought it might have to be cut then painted. Maybe somebody who has worked in similar industries could weigh on what something like this would cost. My end product idea would be a small box delivered through the mail, with each color that is gonna be offered. Shouldn't weigh much at all so shipping costs would be negligible.
You can, if you want to get an easier read, set up a survey with dollar range and we all can monitor the preferences, so too E M ( they do peek in)

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
What cost is reasonable to a sample of body material painted just as it would be on an Elio from the factory?