• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wrap Question

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio did say that there are LOTS of extra floor space in the factory. He could either hire people to do wraps, along with other options, or he could just contract with them so when the basic Elio comes off the assembly line they get routed to the "Options" vendors to start installing the options and applying the wraps. It sounds like an efficient and cost effective way to make all the Elio customers happy.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Paul Elio did say that there are LOTS of extra floor space in the factory. He could either hire people to do wraps, along with other options, or he could just contract with them so when the basic Elio comes off the assembly line they get routed to the "Options" vendors to start installing the options and applying the wraps. It sounds like an efficient and cost effective way to make all the Elio customers happy.
From what I understand you are right in the ballpark of what is planned with the only difference being that this will happen at the distribution centers which is where options are installed. The plan is for the main plant to only produce base Elios in different colors with the only mechanical difference being the two transmission choices.

It would be logical for the plant to have a distribution center on site serving neighboring states but this will be only one of about 9 centers across the country.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: It would be logical for the plant to have a distribution center on site serving neighboring states but this will be only one of about 7 centers across the country.

If one is picking up his/her Elio @ the factory, complete with options, how will that be dealt with??
upload_2014-7-18_13-56-45.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good question, maybe the Elio Elfs.
That question might be hard to answer until the day you get to set-up the order details. Right now, All this is built on sand, and could change.
Currently, as best I know, the car will be put into a generic form at the primary factory. Then it is pre-deployed to various finishers. Depending on options it gets final work at a finisher who is set up for that, and who nearest to the intended retail delivery point. Then everything is processed to deliver very quickly to the ?retail centers(don't call them dealers)?.
With such a tight schedule there is likely very little flexibility to re-route anything. However, my guess is there is very likely a retail outlet at or near the plant. If that is true, you'll not have trouble picking it up there.
The biggest requirement is you'll need to state at order time(when you also set your options, colors and payment plan), where you want to pick it up, which will be one of the locations they allow And maybe the delivery point can even be your home as an option.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If one is picking up his/her Elio @ the factory, complete with options, how will that be dealt with??
View attachment 1907

This is another reason for one of the distribution centers being located at the factory site. It allows distribution of completed Elios directly to customers who opt for factory pickup.

It's not illogical to suppose that Elio will setup a 'Distribution Center Template' at the factory to 'debug' it before
setting up the regional centers. This would allow those picking-up @ the factory to get their Elio fully optionalized.............. :)

This is exactly what I expect to happen. It is even highly likely that the distribution center within the factory complex will be the only one for at least a few months, or maybe even a year or more, as I doubt Elio Motors will open retail stores and regional centers until they are close to being able to deliver vehicles to end customers which would be after they work through the backlog of existing reservations.

Treborfoot

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm brand new to this forum and 100% on the Elio bandwagon. I will be reserving a spot the second I have the extra cash.

I noticed on their site they have plans for a store in Hoover, AL. I also noticed that they plan to offer wraps as an option. Does anyone know how this might be done? Will they do them in-house? It seems like the kind of thing they would contract out. The reason I ask is because I work for a company just down the road in Pelham that does vehicle wraps, and I would love the chance to design and wrap some of these things.

Anybody have any insight on how that will work or where I might inquire about it?

Nathan I plan on having a wrap done for my ELIO. I would go with whom ever gives me the best price. I am also located in Pelham. I will keep you in mind when the production date is finalized and I have more info on when I will be receiving my vehicle.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nathan I plan on having a wrap done for my ELIO. I would go with whom ever gives me the best price. I am also located in Pelham. I will keep you in mind when the production date is finalized and I have more info on when I will be receiving my vehicle.
Thank you, Treborfoot, for responding to this post today. I had mentioned Nathan but not by name because I coudn't remember it. Now I can add the information to my other post. OBTW, welcome from Oregon. I'm glad you are here. Have you completed the Reservation Map and Survey so your marker can be put on the map? We also have a military thread for anyone interested in, retired from or currently in the military. There is a hobby thread in case you want to share a hobby. And of course there are even some threads about the Elio. Enjoy the journey! :-) Z

Top Bottom