• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

You Can Be #1

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Boy, I don't know, I think I would rather be screaming down the highway in a Citroen 2CV. Or the 2CV's equivalent of "screaming down the highway". It gives me the heebie jeebies just looking at it. Something like I would try to make!

Reactions: HHH

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmmm! Looks like a mid engine.
lol, motorcycle drive is normally considered rear drive, but yes technically it's forward of the rear wheels and therefore mid-engine. In that definition of things, rear-drive is not possible unless you put the engine above the rear wheel, beside it, or behind it. Not a very good set of options.

My mid-engine tad pole design is the only one I've found that satisfies both notions of mid-engine reverse trike. 'just say-in' yo! :)

Link to FWD-MidEngine

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
lol, motorcycle drive is normally considered rear drive, but yes technically it's forward of the rear wheels and therefore mid-engine. In that definition of things, rear-drive is not possible unless you put the engine above the rear wheel, beside it, or behind it. Not a very good set of options.

My mid-engine tad pole design is the only one I've found that satisfies both notions of mid-engine reverse trike. 'just say-in' yo! :)

Link to FWD-MidEngine

Corvair, VW Bug, Porsch, and I think one of the old Fiats were rear engine, rear wheel drive. Like you said, not sure how you would do that in a tadpole, but there are some front engine, rear wheel drive. Morgan and Slingshot comes to mind.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Boy, I don't know, I think I would rather be screaming down the highway in a Citroen 2CV. Or the 2CV's equivalent of "screaming down the highway". It gives me the heebie jeebies just looking at it. Something like I would try to make!
The screaming; would that be you screaming? Or the car (and I use the term loosely when talking about a 2CV) :eek:

Top Bottom