• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Your Chance To Vote To Make Yellow The 8th Color Over On The Elio Blog.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:D

PicForNewsletter-Inhotim-Brazil-Jan-2009-41.JPG
Looks like a bender played out on the production line.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only Barney I would have
attachment.php?attachmentid=2152&d=1225229314.jpg
Yeah, back in the day, Mopar called the color "Plum Crazy" - they've brought it back recently as an option for the SR8-series Charger and Challenger.

I think purple goes with anything. If I had that option I would take it. :) Z
My wife would buy one in a heartbeat. She'll buy ANYTHING purple. She wanted to paint the house purple, but I prevailed, settling on a French blue. It kept us from being run out of the neighborhood.

There are some paint colors that aren't quite the chameleons that Colorshift paints are, but do appear different under a variety of lighting conditions. In the late fifties and early sixties, Cadillac offered "Persian Sand", a purplish silver that could go from lavender, to grey, to purple, to a dusky blue, depending on the light. Today, Lexus offers an "Atomic Silver" that can go from a medium silver-grey to that same dusky blue under the proper lighting.

Me? I still want yellow. Looks great with the black trim - and maybe a little hand-pinstripe to emphasize the shadow line. I may still paint the front wishbones in a hammertone grey, and while I have the wheels off, paint the calipers red, and the wheels either the hammertone or maybe with a set of trim rings.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are nearly as many different yellows as there are greens and grays. Which yellow would you like? An orangey yellow? A creamy yellow? A sulfur yellow?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I win the lottery, it's off to Silas-land for me, and custom wraps. I'm partial to BRG with creamy-yellow trim. Or maybe the other way round for the Elio. In either event, reflective tape on the rear edge of the wheel covers and the front edges too. A few discrete patches may really help -- at night they can't see my peptobismol - pink paint job!

Top Bottom